Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Gil Brandt, troll or just losing it

buckeyeboy31's picture
May 14, 2014 at 10:07pm
25 Comments

I admit it, I bought in hook, line and sinker....if it was a troll attempt.  Personally I think ol boy is just losing it, but that's just my humble opinion...

Now anyone looking at this that knows anything about the NFL Draft and what teams are best represented usually can see the most glaring omission on this list.  I basically replied "are you purposely leaving out players from tOSU?"  Then I got bored and decided to see how many we've actually had.  Anyone have a guess without looking on the interwebs as to how many we've had?

buckeyeboy31's picture
+6 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+3 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture

if you didn't cheat, nice job.....it was 56

+1 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

Looked it up during the draft. 

Oh, yeah.  I vote "troll who's losing it".

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

nrbuckguy's picture

You are not crazy, just did a quick search online and we would be third on that list with 54 by my count. Gil Brandt has always seemed like a bit of a troll to me, wouldn't waste any time worrying about him though.

edit: i may very well have been two off in my quick count... Tied for second go bucks!

edit of my first edit: I was two off because we had two drafted in the first round this year that weren't on the page i read, oops!

In Urban We Trust

Whoa Nellie's picture

We had 54 going into this year's draft.  Plus RDS and Roby.

+2 HS
AngryWoody's picture

I think it was an honest mistake, he tweeted this shortly after:

Our Honor Defend!

+4 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture

Well I wish Schefter would've retweeted that.....I still don't know how you miss the 2nd leading team but whatevs...

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Schefter is a Michigan grad and huge fan of the Wolverines. That would be like Albert Breer retweeting something to make Michigan look good.

DIRECTIONER

Whoa Nellie's picture

Not saying you're wrong Woody, but "oops, I missed No. 2"??? 

OK, leaning more toward "losing it". 

+4 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Lol, I can understand why you'd think that!

Our Honor Defend!

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Gil's a straight shooter...great guy.

-5 HS
Unky Buck's picture

He does have upper management written all over him.

+5 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+2 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

Gil has taken one too many "Late Hits."

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+3 HS
Floyd Stahl's picture

He doesn't seem to be a fan of Ohio State, and he says some stupid things. He's getting senile and needs to hang it up.

-1 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Disagree...listened to him on XM during the draft, and he seemed to be very OSU-friendly.

-1 HS
acBuckeye's picture

He's a clown. He's the same guy that said Carlos Hyde wouldn't stack up in the SEC, or something along those lines. I think he also said he thought Baylor had better athletes than OSU last year.

Seattle Linga's picture

Honest mistake or "oooops sorry .............. mistake?"

Double check the facts before you print something for the world to see

gobucks96's picture

constant troll.....little amusement.

bigDbuck's picture

Soon to be sole possession of 2nd place.

teddyballgame's picture

I could understand being overlooked if we were like 10th or something, how the hell ....#2 though.

+1 HS
Bourbon Meyer's picture

Loved him as one of the holy trinity of Landry's Cowboys, but my vote for this tweet: Troll.