Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Browns may be interested in signing Santonio Holmes

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture
May 13, 2014 at 8:03pm
24 Comments
William's picture

1) We don't know what is going to happen with Gordon, so he isn't lost yet. 
2) That being said, I would do this in a heartbeat. Sign him to a 1-year deal and see what happens. 

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Would be a grand slam  in my mind.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Haha here I thought this link was more than his player card. I've seen nothing that suggests they're interested in Santonio. As much as I love him as a buckeye, he has at times had a toxic attitude and one the Browns are trying to get away from.

I'd love it, but the likelihood of this is not high.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

not high.

That would have helped Gordon. XD

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+11 HS
osu07asu10's picture

I see what you did there, I like it...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
OSUStu's picture

Would have helped Santonio for that matter.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+4 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

True.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

BassDropper's picture

The player card had true info reported by Ian Rapoport

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport mentions free agents Santonio Holmes and Miles Austin as names for Browns fans to monitor in the wake of Josh Gordon's suspension.
It's unclear if the Browns have actually reached out to either, but they're two of the better free agent receivers available. Holmes knows coach Mike Pettine from their days together in New York. He flashed signs of the old Santonio at times last season but may not be worth the distraction. Austin has next to nothing left and can't stay on the field. Gordon's expected ban is 8-16 games. May 12 - 8:36 PM

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
BHT's picture

The Jets didn't renew his contract????

Well... this confirms what we knew for a long time, the Jets do not know what is going on.

FROMTHE18's picture

J!E!T!S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

osubuck57's picture

Myles Austin!! Know he has hamstring issues, but he'd be a good plan (B), if Gordon was in fact lost for the year. I'd take a hard look at Danario Alexander and Arrelious Benn as well.

SCOTTC.

luckynutz's picture

Danario alexander cant stay healthy. Bad knees...which have plagued him since his days at missouri. Id say thanks, but no thanks. Same to Austin...hamstrings have kept him out of a lot of games. One thing I dont understand about him...Andre johnson had the same kind of issues with his hamstring. And had surgery to have it corrected. Why wouldnt austin do the same?

DJ Byrnes's picture

Losing Gordon for a year is a short-term problem, and Santonio would be a great short term solution. Not sure how much he has in the tank (isn't he coming off a linsfranc injury?) but certainly wouldn't hurt to bring him in.

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

BROSEPH's picture

I would go to the Texans tonight offering a third round pick or a third and 6th/7th for Andre Johnson, who is upset and wants out Houston and may refuse to go to OTAs and other offseason stuff. 

Groveport Heisman's picture

You think he wants to go from Houston to Cleveland? Would be awesome but highly unlikely.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Osurrt's picture

He is positioning with Houston for a new contract and money (unless he and the Penn St guru are off to a bad start). My guess is the trade would cost you a higher pick than a 3 rd rounder. I like Andre Johnson but he seems to disappear in games.

Furious George 27's picture

Johnson is or is nearing 33 which may be why he is worth a 3rd Rd pick.... But could you trade a 3rd Rd and Greg Little for him?

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

Unky Buck's picture

But could you trade a 3rd Rd and Greg Little for him?

Who wouldn't want The Thing...err...I mean Greg Little?

+5 HS
stubbzzz's picture

haha i get it.  stone hands?  nice.  you always deliver Unky Buck,  … you always deliver ...

OSUpawn's picture

We would have to give a third round for someone to agree to take Little

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+1 HS
danbrown7665's picture

a new contract?? no way he is doing that. He just got a huge contract extension like two years ago that puts him under contract thru 2016 at about 11 million a year.

Is that contract even tradeable? idk maybe the Browns can make it work.

"limitations, like fears are often just illusions"
-Michael Jordan, the greatest athlete of all time

-1 HS
Bugsyk's picture

I'm confident they'll sign Terrell Owens and Randy Moss.

+4 HS
rekrul's picture

I say if he passes a physical and examination by team doctors they need to sign him to a 1 year.

Out Work, Out Think, Out Play!!!

hit_the_couch's picture

I would sign Holmes for 1 year depending on the terms and price. He's shown flashes of brilliance but gets hurt too often.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!