Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

2015 Mock Draft

BHT's picture
May 13, 2014 at 7:16pm
14 Comments
BROSEPH's picture

A&M is just churning out these offensive tackles left and right.

+5 HS
703Buckeye's picture

or... A&M is just churning out these left and right tackles, haha.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+8 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Spence and  D.Grant have a punchers chance of landing in some first round mocks for next year.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

TheBadOwl's picture

Don't quite get why Beasley is a top-5 guy in most (super way too ridiculously stupid early) mock drafts. He's undersized for the position, which caused a few guys to really fall this year. He's listed at 6'2 235 on this one. Shazier measured 6'1 237 at the combine.

Noah Spence, on the other hand, is around 6'3 250+, I think he's going to blow up this year and end up as a top-10 or top 15 pick. Also I think Heuerman could sneak into the first round, and Braxton will absolutely be there if he can improve in the passing game.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-1 HS
BROSEPH's picture

Beasley reminds me of Vernon Gholston albeit a tad smaller.  Could just be someone that dominates college, and just doesn't translate to the NFL.  Kind of a tweener, OLB/DE or LEO.  

NFL is really putting a premium on certain positions.

(Positions of Glory:)

Top flight pass rushing DE: Clowney

Dominate stud LT: Robinson,Mathews

Explosive game changing WR:Watkins,Evans,Beckam Jr.

3-4 Outside LB who can rush passer and stop run behind line: K.Mack,A.Barr

Shut down Corner CB: Gilbert,Dennard,Fuller

Super athletic receiving TE: Ebron,Gresham,Eifert.

(Positions on the fall:)

RB,Guard,Center,DT,ILB,RT,Safety,Full Back(almost extinct),Blocking TE

Have never noticed how valued certain positions really are when entering the NFL

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

These mocks had Hubbard from bama as a 1st rounder and he went undrafted so these mean nothing

O'Deez330
stark county football

TheBadOwl's picture

The early ones did because most of the super early ones are based on measurables/raw athleticism. Hubbard is an athletic freak but he never got the mental part of the game down. Plus, doctors discovered a few months back that he has a heart issue. So it doesn't shock me that he went undrafted.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

BassDropper's picture

Just saw this stat on SB nation where 16 of 27 5 stars from the 2010 class got drafted, immediately thought about which side of the numbers Curtis Grant will be on next year. I personally think he has a chance to get drafted if he has the kind of season Urban is expecting from him.

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
buckeyecityterror's picture

The guy has always had the physical tools just needs to put it together mentally.

If there is no struggle, there is no progress.

Curtis Should test well for a inside backer. He just needs a solid year of tape to seal the deal.

+1 HS
LouBuck35's picture

I really wish some sports journalists could come up with better things to write about than predicting next year's NFL draft literally a week after the 2014 draft finished.  I understand the desire for round the clock content, but there have to be more interesting things than prognosticating a year in advance about draft positioning for people who may or may not even be in the draft.  How about just a watch list of talent.  Do we need to really slot them in order?  Hell, no one has any clue what the draft order will be, so how can players be accurately predicted.  Adam Kramer actually wrote a great piece this week about how mock drafts really need to be put out to pasture.  He cited Mayock/Kiper/McShay at BEST getting 6 out of 32 first round picks accurate - and these are the guys who are called draft experts and gurus.  Sorry OP, this isn't a knock on your topic - I love CFB and the NFL, but 2015 draft talk (even when Buckeyes are involved) is a lot.

I want a fall Saturday in Ohio Stadium..

+1 HS
BHT's picture

I agree with you, but at least it is something to talk about in the offseason, even if it is just looking at mock draft that will not be even close to accurate.

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

The way I look at it, is it give me an idea of who the supposed top players are for the upcoming season. I follow the draft pretty closely, so i enjoy watching these players rise and fall during the season. The chance of someone correctly picking the top 32 picks a year before the draft happens  is about .00000000000000000001%

DIRECTIONER

+4 HS