Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Bake Bortles vs Ohio State 2012

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture
May 11, 2014 at 3:26pm
23 Comments

Kid is a beast in my opinion and even burnt Shazier for a TD and Roby for a bomb that should have been a TD. The reason I am posting this video is because I want you to see how aggressive our secondary was and will be. We recorded 3 INTs which easily could have been 5 or 6 against the top QB taken. We were very aggressive tackling also. I expect to see a effort similar or better then this next season.

m5987usus's picture

I was going to watch the video, but then heard Beth Mowins voice...and well yea that was it.

O-H!

+17 HS
ilovethebuckeyes's picture

yeah man i agree i cant stand that guy..i would rather listen to bill cosby call a game you know?

O H I O

-2 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Bortles sucked. Any QB can dink and dunk against our secondary, but it takes a special kind of scrub to throw three interceptions against it. 

+4 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

My thoughts exactly.

LEBRON

+1 HS
Kjetland's picture

The safety play was just awful.

That 3rd and 21 is a microcosm of the last 2 seasons.

+1 HS

Was  that the one when we were up by 3 TDs? I noticed the bigger the lead the more they tried to jump  the routes and get laxidazical. Until the game was out of hand Christian Bryant and C.J. were solid. I expect more aggression this year.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-1 HS
Kjetland's picture

Yes...late it the game.

It just seemed like at times the last 2 years safeties were confused, late and taking wrong angles constantly...

+1 HS

Looks like I forgot to add his official stat line  25/41 249 yds 2TD 3INT...Kid put the ball on the money all day, our secondary didn't always suck and challenged almost all of the throws with force. Was a very good defensive effort and Miller running for 150 with 3TDs along with our aggressive secondary and sound tackling kept us with a huge lead. Millers throwing stats were 18/24 155yds 1TD 1int.

otrain2416's picture

Definitely looked like we regressed last year. 

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

If he does again what he did at 4:28 of the video, he won't be in the NFL very long. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

gumtape's picture

Bortle Combat can play. He made a game of it when we should have blown them out of the water.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+1 HS
Earle's picture

I never understood the Bortles hype. I thought he was thoroughly unremarkable against the Buckeyes, though it would be interesting to watch that game again now.

Italics are for emphasis.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Especially with a healthy Hyde. Then again, losing to Ohio State would have suddenly made Bortles and UCF overrated.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Bortles posted the lowest QB rating of any quarterback we played in 2012. And he played us in perfect weather, and he had ALL DAY to throw. He was inaccurate, forced way too many throws, and he was a statue in the pocket. Horrible performance by a mediocre QB.

Great performance by our secondary. Bortles has all the tools and will stick around awhile. His performance against Baylor he Big12 Champ shows he made huge strides from the beginning of 2012 till the end of 2013. Not sure why hate is starting to build up around the young man because from everything I have seen and read he is a class act that has worked his ass off to accomplish what he has.

I don't really hate him, it's just that I thought his performance against us was overrated.

Oh his performance against us has never been singled out as great. Our secondary against him had one of their best games under Meyer. I just thought it was relevant to give fellow buckeye fans hope on our secondary issues. We witnessed a very bad year and it will not become a habit like *ichigans run game.

ilovethebuckeyes's picture

eli apple will save out defensive backfield this year!

O H I O

Seattle Linga's picture

Eli and Company will lead the Calvary

KBonay's picture

Just shows how much we missed Bryant.

LOVEITORLEAVEIT's picture

I see big cushions, miscommunications between corners and safeties and an average QB who couldn’t consistently take advantage (I think he has made a lot of improvement since then and is a very solid player now). Here’s to hoping Ash can fix those glaring problems.

So you seen nothing good out of our secondary in the footage? Only pointing out the mistakes is going to be a recipe for disappointment this coming season with our very young safeties. They are going to make a ton of mistakes early. How fast they learn from those mistakes will determine our fate.