Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Hyde?

Buckeye Elite's picture
May 9, 2014 at 8:58pm
15 Comments

How in the world is Carlos Hyde still on the board. As I Bengals fan I am very disappointed with the draft of Jeremy Hill over Carlos.

sivaDavis's picture

Sources say San Francisco right here. And I could not be more happy. Gonna take over when Frank Gore retires! Let's go baby!

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

Funny thing is, when seeing him early this year, I was talking to a co-worker and fellow Buckeye fan, I compared Hyde to Gore.  I think they are very similar in size and running style.  

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

You called it beforehand and for that give you mad props. Im pissed I had to kill my dog when the Bengals passed on him. I had him for 12 years and he slept by my feet every night.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-3 HS
Buckeye Elite's picture

Congrats to Carlos! I am happy for him.

"Clear eyes, Full heart, Can't lose!"
                                  - Friday Night Lights

BrowardBuckeye's picture

Gonna miss you Guap...it was a pleasure getting to watch you grow from a boy to a man both on and off the field. Its time to take it to the next level. Thanks for shedding blood, sweat, tears and many Wolverine "tacklers" for the Scarlet & Gray. Best of luck!

+2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Broward County telling it like it is.+1

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

SCARLETAND GREY SINCE 1975's picture

fire fickell!!!!!!! lol

yep

-1 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

Much love to you Hyde! Wish you the best out there.

Football is complicated...

Tampabuckeye85's picture

I wish the Bengals would have took him, but I think the back field would have been more of a crowded situation than San Fran. Bernard can get the job done and as for the 9ers, he can't beat out Gore and Lattimore can't stay healthy if his life depended on it. Has for the comment that all the backs there do is block is a bit off target considering they ran 56% of the time. Seems pretty balanced to me. El Guap rookie of the year mark it down, plays with a chip and rushes for close to 1800 yards.

+2 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

...as for the 9ers, he can't beat out Gore and Lattimore can't stay healthy if his life depended on it. 

I'm taking this as you meant to say he can beat out Gore. 1,800 yards is a lot for a backup, I don't think he gets quite that much, 1,200 maybe... but I love the bold prediction of Rookie of the Year.  As much as I love and wish he had wound up with either the Bengals or Browns, Carlos could not have pick a better spot to land.  

Great player, with a great desire on a great team.  

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+1 HS
Humbuck's picture

Gore is in the last year of his deal and becomes a UFA after this season.  He was great in SF but he is also 30 and going into his 9th season.  He is a $6.5M cap hit this year.  

LaMichael James is rumored to be on the trading block and Lattimore is coming off one of the most graphic knee injuries I have ever seen.  

SF is wide open in 2015.  Hyde could have a good, long career behind that OL and with Kapernick calling the signals.  Talk about a nice landing spot.