Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Rumor about Urban's health

kpgobucks's picture
May 8, 2014 at 8:31pm
53 Comments

So I read on a TTUN's blog that Urban had more health issues recently..I hope that's not true..does anybody have any info?

InvertMyVeer's picture

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Football is complicated...

BHT's picture

You read this on TTUN's blog? Sigh...

+4 HS
kpgobucks's picture

I am hoping this is not true..i was so nervous that it made me post here for the first time..it would explain our lack of committments though:(

-10 HS
kpgobucks's picture

I am hoping this is not true..i was so nervous that it made me post here for the first time..it would explain our lack of committments though:(

-10 HS
kpgobucks's picture

-10 HS
Kaceybrown's picture

Thrice as nice ;-)

+6 HS
kpgobucks's picture

sorry not sure why that posted 3 time

+4 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

And I'm not sure why you got down-voted into oblivion for it. The world of 11w works in mysterious ways.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

Johnny_Buck71's picture

I up voted to help compensate, first time user error seems forgivable enough to me. 

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore. - Yogi Berra

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

As did I. 

I don't usually down-vote anyone....

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

-1 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Same. This has happened to me many times, even if I only click "save" once and have no page loading issues

e135800's picture

Its gotta be true. tsun gets  all the breaking news on all things Buckeye, even before 11W

TheBadOwl's picture

To be fair, when 11W is in the position to break a story, they usually sit on it and make sure their sources all are okay with the story running.

EDIT: Got downvoted for pointing out 11W's high journalistic standards. Go figure.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+13 HS
kpgobucks's picture

man i hope it's not true..

-1 HS
e135800's picture

Had fluid removed from a brain cyst March 4, Complications?

+3 HS
bethesdabuck's picture

Or it could be they're just behind and they are referring to this procedure. 

+1 HS
buckeyedexter's picture

I'm sure this is all it was referring to, Meyer is as healthy as a horse.

kpgobucks's picture

again? i thought that happened before the spring game?

-2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

TTUN.

Their blog.

Their archrivals' HC.

(Best CC voice) Come on, man.

And I sincerely hope there's nothing more to it.

Hate Week runneth over

SilverState's picture

Kpgobucks - got a link?

+1 HS
kpgobucks's picture

sorry i don't have the link..saw another poster mention this in the james franklin thread..

Colerain 2004 G... 3 HOURS AGO 

PSU lames are seen on other boards saying Urb still has major health problems and has more brain surgery scheduled. I even seen one claim Luke F. was going to take over for Urb this year while he dealt with his health. Supposedly this is why "they" believe they are whooping our asses on the recruiting front. Count me as the first man on the bus that wants to see our Buckeyes pin them down and brutally rape them with no mercy in sight. 47-10 would  be sufficient in my mind to constitute going to the hospital for a rape kit.

-10 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

That post makes OSU fans look really, really shitty. Wow.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+9 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

You really need to get over it dude. That was my frustrations being built up by a Michigan guy openly starting a thread and trashing a sexual assault victim in his attempt to make Gibbons and Lewan the true victims. Then we have a whole other scenario where one of our top posters writes off what Kobe did as nothing. Maybe I should post some transcripts to let others know how serious of a situation and stance they are taking by openly trashing these victims and their families. Some would say your quickness to bring race and political views into situations they do not belong are what makes our fan base look bad. To each his own.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-10 HS
CincyOSU's picture

You say you're frustrated by someone trashing sexual assault victims yet you talk about wanting to "rape" another team? Well that logic makes perfect sense. 

+8 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Go ahead and find one post where I overtly advocate for any political ideology or legislation. I'll wait.

But that's not even the point. I don't care how frustrated you are about what other posters say, there is never any reason whatsoever to advocate or even joke about rape, even if you're using it as a metaphor. Your comment has no place on 11W and should not be associated with Ohio State fans.

+5 HS

Im not in the business of calling the cops on my neighbors...I only want to get along together. I was rash in what I did I admit. My point got across and hopefully future conversations about this wont happen.

-6 HS
TheTeam16's picture

You are a disgusting human being.

-1 HS

You a fan of a team that let a rapist continue to play for four whole years to benefit the "team" .My mother and sister were victims of a brutal attack. I hate how people on here want to defend alleged rapists just because they weren't brought to trial or convicted. I made a point and touched all the bases I wanted to touch. Nice playing.

-6 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I only know a handful of people who actually attend UM, but all of them were really upset that Gibbons was allowed to keep playing. And one of my friends there absolutely loathed Taylor Lewan. So let's not assume that all UM fans are happy that Gibbons was allowed to keep playing, because they're ashamed of it, too.

Also, there's a huge difference between asking for due process and saying "Oh, Penn State fans are talking crap on their forums, I hope they all get brutally raped."

Rape is a terrible thing, as I'm sure you are aware. Joking about it is immensely disrespectful to its victims, and so is trivializing it by using it as a metaphor to describe a football game. And even worse, you used it in response to a few PSU fans posting a crazy rumor on their forums. Do you have any idea how trivial that is?

I'd like to think that, as Buckeyes, we're above this.

+1 HS

Don't twist my words like some bottom of the barrel jailhouse lawyer. I said I hope our Buckeyes rape their team on the field. Never did I insinuate any violence towards their fan base. I admitted to what I did an gave reasons on why I did them. What are your reasons for being a douche bag? Good game

-8 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Oh, I know that you were saying on the field, but if you're using rape as a metaphor, you're not being clever, you're just being insensitive. There are a million other things you could have said that don't bring up thoughts of such a horrific act. Absolutely no reason to use rape in an attempt to be humorous or clever.

But no, you're right, I'm definitely the one being the douchebag for telling you to not throw around rape like that. Got it.

-1 HS

Listen guy, I did it on purpose because I was absolutely tired of a couple of people trashing victims of sexual violence. I already admitted I was wrong in what I did and could have went about it in a different direction. You are a fat fucking douche for your insistence to not just let  it go. That's the reason. You are trying to preach to the guy that has the biggest problem with victims being dragged thru the mud.

-4 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Again, show me where I have once ever defended gibbons...or lewan...? You cannot, you are ignorant and have the intelligence of a lemming. You continue to spout nonsense and type things that are just not true and can be easily proven by anyone who is willing to look at facts. 

The key word is ALLEGED. Do you know what that means? Allow me to help you...

al·leged

adjective

(of an incident or a person) said, !!!!!!WITHOUT PROOF!!!!!!, to have taken place or to have a specified illegal or undesirable quality.

I will say again for the umpteenth time, I AM NOT SAYING THAT EITHER OF THEM ARE INNOCENT OR THAT THEY ARE GUILTY. I AM NOT DEFENDING THEM. 

Hopefully you learned how to read since your last forum session and can now understand this above statement that I have rehashed for you, again, for the umpteenth time. 

There is however one thing here that is not in question, and that is your repulsive use of the forceful rape of a human being in describing how you wish your favorite football team to beat another football team, that cannot be disputed. And I will say again, it is disgusting, as most people I believe would agree with. 

-3 HS

Dude shut your pie hole nobody was even addressing your weak ass. You are the definition of a douche nozzle.

-10 HS
TheTeam16's picture

How grown up of you. Kind of like the initial comment making light of rape.

It sucks when someone brings facts to the table in an argument doesn't it? You should try it sometime ;)

+2 HS
TheTeam16's picture

"You a fan of a team that let a rapist continue to play for four whole years to benefit the "team" .My mother and sister were victims of a brutal attack. I hate how people on here want to defend alleged rapists just because they weren't brought to trial or convicted. I made a point and touched all the bases I wanted to touch. Nice playing."

Oh yeah I forgot if you are a fan of a team you must condone everything that any of the players or coaches do. So I suppose since you are from Colerain you are probably a reds fan, and liked Marge Schott...so you must be a racist? Or you are a buckeye fan, so you must condone storm klien assaulting his girlfriend, or since you are a bengals fan you must love and support everything that pac man jones has done in his lifetime.

Dude seriously stop trying. You continue to sound uneducated and ignorant. I feel sorry for you.

+1 HS

Da Fuk?  For serious? you joined in with your sissy lawyer friend trying to help *ichigan players look like the victims. Nice stretch there pencil neck.

-10 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Is the rest of your kin illiterate as well? Holy crap man you are seriously dumber than a sack of rocks. The immense amount of downvotes you have recieved on every post confirms that others feel the same. Good day.

-4 HS

So because I have a few people completely shook and they follow me around and DV me no matter the comment it somehow makes you feel like won something? Must be *ichigan logic. Looks like the burn went deep. Thanks for playing junior

-7 HS
Crimson's picture

Will you three just please shut up and stop talking to each other?  Thank you.

- The entire 11W community

+4 HS
BuckeyeDale's picture

in early January, Coach Meyer had a hemorrhoid removed.  A week later, Ped State named it PeeSUes new head football coach.

BuckeyeDale
GO BUCKS!!

-4 HS
CincyOSU's picture

Not only is this just a terrible attempt at a joke, but using the term "Ped State" is very juvenile and disrespectful.

-4 HS

Losen your suspenders Cletus. Why roam this great site looking for things to point out posts that are not satisfactory to your taste? Seems like a boring dull life.

-8 HS
CincyOSU's picture

,Says the guy who tried to justify his inappropriate comments. Why roam this great site making comments that make the OSU fanbase look bad?

+2 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

I can't believe anybody would fall for this horse shit from TTUN. Woody would be disappointed that we are letting them get into our heads!

+3 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

its a Troll report to screw with recruiting.  Ignore it.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Yeah I heard the rumor too. I guess they said he is sick...

of being so damn awesome. It's a serious concern. Will post any more updates if I gather more info.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+8 HS
rosycheeks's picture

Perfect. This one made me laugh out loud for a while.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

I read on 11W that Brady Hoke was one bacon donut away from a quintuple bypass.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+4 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

I will not be the guy giving him mouth to mouth if he goes down.  I might beat on his chest though.

JYBUCKEYE's picture

If his health was that bad would he have been at the draft last night?  Haters gonna hate!

+2 HS
js2378's picture

Doesn't it say something good about Urban that opposing fan bases are guessing that he must be sick if his class "sucks" this much? Expectations (and fear) for Urban are so high that there must be something wrong with him if he's not kicking their ass right now. Color me amused. 

+2 HS
THEOSUfan's picture

We CFB fans have to be the most paranoid people on the face of the earth.  Plus it's the silly season = from the end of spring practice to the opening of fall camp.  Time for rumors, arrests, violations of team rules, academic issues, suspensions, and manufactured controversy.  August can't come soon enough.

+1 HS