Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Lorenzo Nunez

Tampabuckeye85's picture
May 8, 2014 at 10:34am
11 Comments

Well I had some time to kill this morning and decided to check out some highlight video's and I was really impressed with this kid. He seem very accurate and keeps his eyes down field. Looks to throw first and only saw 2 runs before I lost focus but looks like he has some wheels on him. I have a feeling that he will commit to us and that is fine from what I saw, but if that happens what do you think will happen with Gibson? Will he still commit or drop us off all together? Do we still keep recruiting him and if he commits resend the offer to Nunez? I hope the ball gets rolling with this class but I also do not what us to miss out on a top recruit because we're desparate for verbals or lose on a good player because we out all our eggs in one basket like last year's situation. I think I'm digging here only because there isnt much to talk about right now and the summer is going at a snail's pace. Look forward to hearing what everyone thinks, also could y'all help me out with some UV's I'm almost to where I can start up voting people. I'm at 85 stickers.

Northbrook's picture

I don't think you can upvote a post, just a comment. Make a comment and I'll give you an upvote, maybe.

+4 HS
The Urban Legend's picture

Maybe

The Legend continues

+4 HS
HattanBuck85's picture

I really like the kid. Has to work on his mechanics. He kinda just flicks the ball and doesn't really use his lower body all that well when he throws. He can definitely run though- that's for sure. 

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

1.) From what I've seen/heard Nunez isn't coming to OSU. 

2.) If helmet stickers are what you desire, just be active on the site and you'll receive them. 

+6 HS
jonping67's picture

Nunez will not be a Buckeye. The coaching staff is all about Gibson or Wishbum would be a Buckeye.

-4 HS
Hovenaut's picture

There already is an active thread on Nunez:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-recruiting/2014/05/35593/...

I've made the same mistake, no worries Tampa, just a reminder to check what's out there prior to creating a forum post.

That said, it doesn't look like Nunez has much interest in OSU.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+1 HS
Tampabuckeye85's picture

Thanks for the heads up on posting and yea I guess we went all in on Gibson just hope he doesn't burn us in the end.

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Countering the downer - I'm the optimist, I think the class of 2015 will be just fine. (It can grow in numbers any time it wants to).

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+3 HS
Humbuck's picture

The staff moved on about a month ago.  He could not commit if he wanted to at this point.  This is not some kind of defense mechanism on my part, just the situation. His improvement from last summer to present showed the staff that he may be close to his ceiling. 

Herman and Meyer missed on Wimbush, no doubt they wanted him.  Nunez, not so much.  His offer from 10 months ago was always conditional.  He didn't do anything wrong, great kid by all accounts, just not a fit for the system. 

He has the same situation at Tenn.  It will be SCAR or NC State. 

+1 HS
BoFuquel's picture

The QB position is set at TOSU for the next 6-7 years. GO BUCKS!

I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

Bailey458's picture

How's that?  I'm confused?  I only have 4 years of eligibility and am 30 with a bad back, presuming I never get hit and they let me use my rocket skates I'm the next big thing, but that still leaves three years.  When are you arriving?