Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

C.J. Sanders

Katzfan's picture
May 7, 2014 at 10:39am
7 Comments

Just saw where the son of one of TOSU's best receivers committed to play for Notre Dame???  He was offered by USC as well.  Do any of you know if he was ever really considering the Buckeyes or nah?

TheBadOwl's picture

Didn't get a Buckeye offer, and a comment on here the other day said that his mom didn't want him at OSU anyways.

Hope he does well at ND, though. As much as I hate their football team, it's a pretty incredible institution. Can't really get mad at a kid for picking them.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
jpbuckeye's picture

Does anyone know the issue Mom has with OSU?

jamesrbrown322's picture

Allegedly, and this is what I was told by someone who coaches with Chris, there is a personal issue related to the marriage and subsequent divorce, so that should and will remain private.

Suffice it to say, his mom supposedly didn't want him to stay in middle Tennessee (Vandy), and did not want him "following in his father's footsteps" at OSU.

I will leave it at that. I hated to hear it, because Chris is not only one of my favorite Buckeyes and Titans, he's one of my favorite people. He has incredible character, and has really altered his life since leaving the NFL, and does many wonderful things here in the Nashville area. He and Eddie both live here, and while Eddie is virtually a god, an exceptional person, and a big time celebrity, Chris coaches football and changes lives. I love having two wonderful Buckeye ambassadors here in the Mid State...then of course there's Herbie too...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+6 HS
Earle's picture

Was I the only one who saw this headline and thought of the former Buckeye punter (I mean, besides Jim Tressel)?

Just say no to italics abuse.

jamesrbrown322's picture

B.J. Sander?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Earle's picture

Yeah, maybe it's just me.  I also think of McLovin every time I see Marc Loving's name.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

We all have to understand that Meyer's approach is not to offer a kid just b/c he's a legacy. They're thinking nationally, and about assembling the best talent. C.J. is a really good football player (check here, small, but he can FLY!), and I am disappointed that there are two legacies out there that OSU is not going to end up with in their class. However, I also trust their evaluation of talent.

I do wish him luck, as he is a legacy, really good kid, and son of one of my all-time favorite players. Plus, kid's a good actor (played young Ray Charles in Ray). I am sure that no matter what happens, C.J. and Ohio State football will go on to sustained success, on and off the field.