Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

3 Buckeyes in the first round

0 HS
BassDropper's picture
April 29, 2014 at 5:51pm
34 Comments

If you're like me, anticipation increases by the day leading up to the NFL draft. I am equally excited to see who my team picks and to see where Buckeyes get drafted. Although I am an admitted loyal Browns fan and root for the Bengals when they are in the playoffs, I still follow and support my Buckeyes...even if they play for the Steelers.

Walter Football is one of the most respected mock draft sites. Walter and the other guy who writes for the site have good, solid sources. In the mock draft that was just released at noon, Walter has 3 Buckeyes in the first round, tied with Texas A&M for the most picks in the first round from a single college. His picks are as followed....

24. Bengals- Bradley Roby. Remember when people thought he was "dumb" or not making a smart decision by entering the draft? He's likely to be drafted as high as he would have been after his sophomore year.

26. Browns- Carlos Hyde. In this mock draft (and most mock drafts) they have the Browns selecting Johnny Football (which I love). I also love this pick, but would be better if they were able to draft him a few picks later. Carlos is gaining a lot of hype right now. Kiper said he could be a star as a rookie. If Hyde gets drafted in the first round then that should tell you what teams think of him considering RBs are supposed to be drafted in the 1st round anymore.

31. Denver- Ryan Shazier. I have saw mock drafts that have Shazier going as high as top 15. I've heard some rumors that teams think he is a future all pro and that he could go higher than many expect.

71. Browns- Jack Mewhort. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 34 Comments