Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Will Florida have to leave their state?

InTressITrust's picture
April 27, 2014 at 8:45pm
19 Comments
brandonbauer87's picture

But, but, the SEC is evil. 

Im sure Alabama is looking forward to their rotation of Indiana and Kansas. 

M Man's picture

I'm just glad you didn't include Michigan as one of Alabama's patsies.

+2 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

You gotta know your boundaries. We can't downplay M*chigan too much and still keep the heated rivalry. 

Chief B1G Dump's picture

Oh man, get ready for Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Iowa State, Washington State, et al to travel down south between the hedges in true SEC fashion.

+3 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

My sentiments exactly.  

kholmes's picture

Good news for the city of Atlanta...expect a lot of "neutral" site games in Atlanta.

+6 HS
mr.green's picture

Florida plays FSU every year. No need to leave the state. 

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Between FSU and Miami, Florida has absolutely nothing to worry about. Neither do South Carolina (Clemson) or Georgia (Georgia Tech).

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
smithwessonBuckeye's picture

Alabama has had some regular marquee games recently. But I do believe some of the other schools at the top of the SEC food chain will have to leave their comfort zone.

hit_the_couch's picture

We all know what happened last time UF left the state for an OOC....'Cuse whooped that ass. Yes, that 'Cuse.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Probably will never happen, but I would love a early November game in the shoe against Bama or Florida. I think its a sham that Atlanta and Dallas are considered 'neutral' sites when bowl games are all pretty much played in SEC country.

+4 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

It would be neat to see one of the outdoor mid-west NFL stadiums step up to the plate the way Jerry's World has to host an annual neutral site game, but have it be in Mid-October or later.  After this past winter, maybe the Polar Vortex Classic or something.  Get a big enough sponsor to pony up in order to get an upper level SEC team up against a B1G team.  Would be pretty cool to see them under the lights at Lambeau, Soldier, or maybe with the addition of Rutgers, they could look at Giants Stadium.  

+1 HS
Catch 5's picture

You're in luck then!  LSU is scheduled to play Wisconsin at Lambeau in 2016.  I assume this is a return trip for this year's opener, when they play at Dallas.

Of course, the B10's habit of scheduling all their OOC games in the first few weeks of the season will prevent this from being later in the year.

Make their asses quit! - Nick Saban

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Of course, the B10's habit of scheduling all their OOC games in the first few weeks of the season will prevent this from being later in the year.

True, but we all know teams like Alabama have to play a school like Chattanooga or Western Carolina in November so they can gear up for Auburn ;)

JohnnyKozmo's picture

Yea, but that's a one time deal.  Also, with the 9 game conference schedule, conference games will be starting earlier than ever now, so there may be some opportunities to have more OOC games later in the year.  

WezBuck28's picture

I would love to see a home and home series with bama.. Urban vs. Satan..and I'm sure a lot more would come with it rather than just a game..recruiting tool at its finest one would assume!?

Mortc15's picture

SEC teams will never come north after the end of September to play anybody, and definitely not a team that could hang with them on their conditions.

Buck-I4Life

Catch 5's picture

When the B10 starts playing OOC games after September, I'll put a little validity to your statement.  'Till then, it's a bit of a reach.

Make their asses quit! - Nick Saban

+1 HS
Mortc15's picture

SEC plays OOC games after then, it's just always against FCS teams and at home or in the south. No one in the BT schedules any OOC games. If you're going to schedule them, at least challenge yourself.

Buck-I4Life