Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Future Big Ten Schedules

mtrotb's picture
April 15, 2014 at 1:36pm
8 Comments

Was on the OSU official site and noticed future schedules.  We miss Wisky 4 times in next 5 years.  Here is the complete next six years:

• At Maryland, Rutgers, at Penn State, Illinois, at Michigan State, at Minnesota, Indiana, Michigan (no games vs. Iowa, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue and Wisconsin)

• At Indiana, Maryland, Penn State, at Rutgers, Minnesota, at Illinois, Michigan State, at Michigan (no games vs. Iowa, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue and Wisconsin)

• .Rutgers, Indiana, at Wisconsin, at Penn State, Northwestern, Nebraska, at Maryland, at Michigan State, Michigan (no games vs. Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota and Purdue)

• At Indiana, at Rutgers, Maryland, at Nebraska, Penn State, at Iowa, Michigan State, Illinois, at Michigan (no games vs. Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue and Wisconsin)

• Rutgers, at Penn State, Indiana, Minnesota, at Purdue, Nebraska, at Michigan State, at Maryland, Michigan (no games vs. Illinois, Iowa, Northwestern and Wisconsin)

• At Indiana, at Nebraska, Michigan State, at Northwestern, Wisconsin, Maryland, at Rutgers, Penn State, at Michigan (no games vs. Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota and Purdue)

Furious George 27's picture

I am kind of ok with that... Only because I think Wisky will make a run for the B1G championship from the west more than Nebraska.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+1 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture

This kind of sucks, and its what I feared when we moved to 14 teams. Missing wisky 4 of the next 5 is bad enough as is, but we also miss Northwestern 4 of the next 5 and Iowa 5 of the next 6... its like we aren't even in the same league as them any more. Imagine how bad it would get if we moved to 16 teams. We might only play teams once a decade.

+1 HS
flying-banana's picture

This is the way of the new B1G, we better get used to playing any team in the west sparingly, especially the teams unlikely to make the B1G championship game. 

On the plus side we avoid the Spoliermakers too.

hit_the_couch's picture

I suspect most of those year that Wisconsin isn't on the sched, tOSU will play them in Indy.

It's kinda weird to skip out on Illinois that many times since it's considered a rivalry game. I don't pay much attention to it, but i'm sure some care about winning the turtle.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

-1 HS
IGotAWoody's picture

2016, we're @Wisconsin, @Penn State (back to back) and then @MSU. Combined with @OK in the non conf, that's going to be quite a gauntlet to run.

- License to kill gophers (wolverines, badgers, etc) by the government of the United Nations

Seattle Linga's picture

Can't wait - There will be no doubt who's on top once we climb that mountain. 

+1 HS
IGotAWoody's picture

Amen!

- License to kill gophers (wolverines, badgers, etc) by the government of the United Nations

+1 HS