Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Spring Game - Doors Open

UFest57's picture
April 8, 2014 at 9:51am
14 Comments

Do we know what time the doors will open for the Spring Game? Needing to get my plans in order. Thanks. 

Mortc15's picture

I don't have any definitive sources but with the lacrosse game starting at 11, I would say 10, or 1030 at the latest, doors will open.

Buck-I4Life

+1 HS
O-H-I-O's picture

I checked the OSU site said doors open at 10am. However, i had a question for people that have been to the Spring game before. I just purchase general admission tickets and it says section GA15 with actual row and seat numbers. Does anyone know where that section is? I was under the impression that the general admission tickets would be a basically first come first serve seating, so if i got there early i would be able to sit closer. Anyone that knows this information would be appreciated as we are driving down from Akron. Thanks

cbtrack692's picture

I went two years ago and was able to go in early and sit wherever I wanted. I believe the row/seat number section on the ticket is just part of the ticketing system so they don't oversell the stadium. However, I'm not entirely sure.

O-H-I-O's picture

Thank you, that makes sense.

FROMTHE18's picture

Yeah, unless someone is dying for that seat, it shouldn't be a problem. Besides, IMO, the best seat in the house for the spring game is first row anywhere in C Deck. Get a good view of how everything is moving around and can get a better vantage point for how specific players perform on certain plays. But thats just me. 

+1 HS
cambridgebobcat33's picture

can't believe the prices I saw on ticket master yesterday, $20-$25.........are you kiddin me? It used to be free or you could donate canned goods to get in, then I think it went to $5.   It's not even a real scrimage nor a game, not sure what's behind all this but it's pretty sad.

+3 HS
cbtrack692's picture

$25 is for Club Level seating, normal tickets are only $15 and you get admission to the OSU vs. M*chigan Lacrosse game as well.

+1 HS
cambridgebobcat33's picture

either way, it's kind of a joke..........imagine if you wanted to take your family of 4 for example, would cost $60 to go, plus parking and any other expenses. I udnerstand gettin the lacrosse game and good to see OSU promote the team but it seems absurd as most won't want to do both and sit there for 5-6 hrs.

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Im sure the Club level seats have extra amenities, like better food/different concessions or even just shorter lines, etc. So may not be all that awful for the price of admission for that particular type of ticket. Besides, lacrosse is a hell of a sport to watch and get to enjoy some time out with the family, so all in all, not too bad of a purchase for those that choose to take that route or the normal GA ticket. Think its a fair system they've got. 

+2 HS
Nick's picture

In the end, you are paying for an experience the family will remember forever. At the same time, you are supporting the team and the athletic department. 

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Here's the best way to solve that problem - Don't go.

Yeah it's more expensive than 10 years ago. What do you expect? It's just going to get more and more expensive. 

It's going to be on BTN so just chill at home and order a pizza... It's cheaper that way and you will have a lot better views.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Any guesses on actual start time of the game?

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

jeremytwoface's picture

1:30 is when BTN is starting their coverage so I would guess around then.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Thanks dude!

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

+1 HS