Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Eli Apple!

sivaDavis's picture
April 5, 2014 at 3:06pm
15 Comments

Shut down Corey Smith on a few straight plays. Completely destroyed Jeff Greene and got a pick off JT Barrett on a deep ball. Tracked down Dontre Wilson, yes Dontre, on a reverse play for a loss. The man was ballin today.

sivaDavis's picture

And got his black stripe removed! Maybe this offseason has been nice for Eli. Hope to see him keep getting better and earning a spot in the rotation.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+5 HS
buckeyedexter's picture

Nice!  Would like to find out why it took so long to have it removed.

+1 HS
KLF Buckeye's picture

Good question. Maybe having to wear it so long has motivated his new level of effort and output?

+2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

This is music to my ears after seeing him not participate earlier this spring and having no explanation on any of it.Congrats Eli.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

Youngbuck85's picture

So happy for him. Went through some adversity. You could tell he had a chip on his shoulder today. Kid was feelin it 

+1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

Apple looked good out there. I thought Conley looked good too. I didn't notice too much of Reeves, so that is probably a good thing. Reeves was playing nickel

tussey's picture

The is secondary is making plays, that's music to my ears.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Getting better and the D coaches got to be loving it

sivaDavis's picture

He lit up Jeff Greene. Like big time.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
KBonay's picture
+14 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

HAHA, well played Mrs. Apple, well played. 

+3 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

I love her twitter handle

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

buckguyfan1's picture

Love the competition at so many positions.  Good job Eli!

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

I imagine this is a critical juncture for guys like Conley,Apple,Burrows,and Reeves with kids like Erick Smith,Dame Webb, and Marshon Lattimore looking to step on campus and play immediately.You  do not want to be "that" guy that gets recruited over.We just brought in consecutive top 3 secondary classes so we are going to be in good hands from here forward.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-1 HS
KingsRite's picture

All right Eli! Way to step it up! Silence them doubters bruh.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

-1 HS