Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Curtis samuel update?

m5987usus's picture
March 28, 2014 at 1:24am
21 Comments

Is curtis samuel practicing again?? I know that he hurt I think his hamstring but was just wondering if he ha seen doing well at practice?

HattanBuck85's picture

I haven't heard anything from him recently. I did hear the news of him being injured. I saw a video where Coach Drayton said that Dontre is in the WR room and that Curtis Samuel has been practicing with the running backs. Did say that Samuel has great speed. That's all I know...

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes

OSUpawn's picture

I would also like to hear an update on him.....

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+1 HS
cinserious's picture

He Ha Clinton Dix!

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

SilverState's picture

fwiw:

+4 HS
KBonay's picture

Per a Dispatch article: http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/03/27/running-back-...

Dunn, Ball and Samuel have more time on their side, but they also are eager to make their mark. Dunn was part of Meyer’s first recruiting class. He was redshirted last year when it became apparent that he wouldn’t see significant playing time.

Ball played well in limited action last year and has a reputation as a smart, dependable player. Samuel has big-play potential.

“He might be the most explosive out of all of us,” Elliott said.

But Samuel, an early enrollee, was slowed early by a hamstring injury and still is in the he-doesn’t-know-what-he-doesn’t-know phase, Drayton said.

+5 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

Thanks for the link!

Seattle Linga's picture

So happy he's back - great news

HattanBuck85's picture

Haha, Coach Drayton. "He doesn't know what he doesn't know." I love that line.

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Drayton keeps it real.  Always good to hear what he says..

otrain2416's picture

Obviously he's gotta start somewhere. I thought it was interesting they put him with an already deep stable of RBs. Just a gut feeling the only guy I personally could rule out for being a starter at RB would be Ball, but even he has shown some flashes. I feel like its gonna be a three way race between Rod, Dunn, and Zeke. I personally thought he would make more of an impact this year in the slot/hybrid giving Dontre a breather and possible pushing Jalin for that second team spot at that position. 

Him1stftballl8er's picture

Maybe Samuel is in the RB room to learn the offense the same way Dontre learned concerning HB. Dontre was with the RBs last year IIRC. Learning RB duties first then routes? So maybe we'll see Curtis with WRs next year? 

The wise shall inherit glory, but shame shall be the promotion of fools. 

+1 HS
GVerrilli92's picture

This is what I'm thinking.

Maybe this is Urban's favorite learning progression with his more explosive ball handlers. First teach them everything about playing behind the line and then move them outside and down the field.

I can't imagine what Dontre will do to defenses this year when he's as adapt at catching the ball at the LOS as he is at finding the holes in zones or burning his man in the seam.

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?

laishley15's picture
+5 HS
SilverState's picture
+1 HS
SilverState's picture

Sounds like he had a good practice yesterday: 

As for Samuel, he took a swing pass to the right, according to observers, and promptly was blasted by fast-closing defensive end Steve Miller. Undaunted, Samuel again took the ball in the right flat, but this time ran through would-be tacklers, then did some blasting himself, firing into renowned freshman linebacker Raekwon McMillan at the sideline, sending McMillan’s helmet flying at the end of the 20-yard gain.

Later in the day Samuel also popped a 40-yard run between the tackles, according to the observers. 

+1 HS
One Bad Buckeye's picture

then did some blasting himself, firing into renowned freshman linebacker Raekwon McMillan at the sideline, sending McMillan’s helmet flying at the end of the 20-yard gain.

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

sivaDavis's picture

I'm pretty sure Samuel is a legit 6'0 and came in at 190. Whereas I believe Dontre is about a big 5'10 so maybe 5'11 and came in around 170. Really excited for Curt

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

Seattle Linga's picture

Both on the field at the same time = Scary

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

Speed, Speed, and more Speed

O-H!