Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

OSU comes in at 35th for toughest schedules in 2014

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture
March 25, 2014 at 2:23pm
35 Comments

That's a decent number. Will gladly take 35th.

Look at Alabama, the whole way down at 95th! Aside from Duke & Cincy, that's the lowest of the "power" BCS conferences. Pathetic, Bama.

But, oh wait. I forgot. They play in the oh sooooo tough SEC, so they get a free pass from ESPiN & the rest of the media when it comes to scheduling.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2014/MAR14/DBMar15.html

BTwrestle04's picture

Uhhhh, what's up with the craigslist link?

+2 HS

yeah, sorry, pasted the wrong one --- was looking for a used car on there...should be changed now

+4 HS
FloridaBuck's picture

Yeah, a "used car" huh?

And you're correct, mentioning strength of schedule next year will be blasphemous at espin

+4 HS

yes, a used car and a nice "BBW who wants to just be FWB & is definitely DTF", to go along with it  :)

+10 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

203,000 miles  - selling for $15,800

+2 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Im also looking for a used car on CL. Sometimes I feel like the combined IQ on that site is below 100.

+2 HS

Yeah, there's not a ton of good grammar used on that site, And, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

+1 HS
BuckeyeinSavannah's picture

I have sold a bunch of things on CL and I agree with that.  Some of the questions I get are insane.

I sold a fridge one time for $50.  It was in decent shape and perfect for a garage or a man cave.  This guy wanted to give me 10 skinned rabbits for it.....WTF who does that???

+9 HS
Alpo's picture

I would've offered 25 unskinned rabbits for it. Guess it all comes down to what the market will bear.

+6 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

was he from Maine because that is called Dickering! basically barter with anything you can to get a good deal, not to pay "retail".

so really, 10 skinned rabbits would be gold to the right person.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
Jeremypreemo81's picture

lol that just made my morning....skinned rabbits ahahahahahah

+1 HS
thirtytrap's picture

Hell I would have at least thrown in a couple of muskrat pelts for it....maybe even a mink if it was a good deal.

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

How about a skinned Bert?  Anyone for a road trip?

Go Bucks!

BuckeyeinSavannah's picture

He already has skinned knees

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

OK Savannah - you asked for it.

+2 HS
nburns18's picture

and Arkansas is #1. Have fun with that Bert, i wonder where he'll be coaching next year. 

"You win with people." -Woody Hayes

+4 HS
nburns18's picture

And Georgia Southern is last. LOL, they must have too many teams like Florida on their schedule again. Cupcakes who block their own teammates. 

"You win with people." -Woody Hayes

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Espin will hire him for his in-depth knowledge of the game - NOT

Horvath22's picture

Red Velvet cupcakes.

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

Wow, 95th? . . .See you in the playoffs, Bama.

But to be fair (by the ncaa's method) the sec has 4 teams in the top 6 while the bigten only has 4 in the top 25.

I season my simple food with hunger

+2 HS
Mortc15's picture

That's probably because all of the SEC teams that are always ranked so high and never fall even after so many losses. IE: TAMU from last year. A 2 or 3 loss SEC team is many times ranked ahead of 1 loss teams from other power conferences, which leads to the SOS being better.

Buck-I4Life

+1 HS
Jabba the Hoke's picture

When every team you lose to is arbitrarily ranked very high in the preseason polls you don't fall as far. I'm guessing that voters can't watch every game so they base much of their decision on espn highlights and headlines.(let's be honest, they're the only major sports outlet). It almost becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

35th is good.  I'll take that all day.  I'd like to think this would mean the "OSU plays nobody" bullshit would stop, but alas, it probably won't.

Class of 2010.

+3 HS
danbrown7665's picture

to be fair, name one team that actually wants to play Alabama. That would probably be very few teams...

"limitations, like fears are often just illusions"
-Michael Jordan, the greatest athlete of all time

-2 HS
Kurt's picture

These rankings are the nonsense rankings, they're only calculating teams' respective records from last year for this year's upcoming schedule.  Phil Steele will release a more advanced version of these rankings in his magazine which will work from projected wins for 2014 rather than wins from the previous season.

+1 HS

True, but..

I think it's safe to assume Bama's 95th-rated schedule is close to accurate no matter when these rankings are compiled.

Bama's 2014 non-conference schedule:

Neutral site (Georgia Dome) vs. West Virginia

Home vs.Florida Atlantic

Home vs. Southern Miss

Home vs.Western Carolina

WVU will be a middle-of-the-pack Big 12 team, if things go well for them. 5-7, 6-6, 7-5 ... that's what they're looking at. FAU & Southern Miss (the worst team in the country last year) will literally be two of the worst teams in the country. Likely ranked between 120 & below all season. Then there's the obligatory late-season SEC juggernaut against a FCS program: Western Carolina, who went 2-10 last season. In conference, they miss 3 bowl teams from last season, (Georgia, Mizzou, and Vandy).

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

bama at 95 - are they playing suzzie's cooking school for the blind?

+1 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

No, but they dropped A.A.C.C.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Suzie wouldn't play such a low ranked team, they had to settle for FDR's Polio Cadet Academy

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Gotta keep up with you,  Western Liege

Go Bucks!

KBonay's picture

Preseason SOS's are as dangerous and unnecessary as preseason rankings.

mobboss1984's picture

What is xichigan ranked? Didn't see them on the list even though it was a quick glance. They can't have a cake walk. We could always use there help so we can secure one of the top 4 spots in the playoff.

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee