Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Stan Drayton post practice Q&A

johnny11's picture
March 21, 2014 at 8:29am
14 Comments
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Stop being a tease, Rod Smith. My heart can't take it this year.

Drayton still remains my favorite coach. Love that guy.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
johnny11's picture

You and me both. Rod has been a player I have followed since he got here because from Indiana and actually got to see him play once in high school. Each year I wait for a breakout and then nothing. Its his last go around so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. Its encouragiong to hear things about Dunn and Elliot to though.

+2 HS
southbay's picture

Last year I really thought Smith had his chance with Hyde suspended at the start of the season.  But Smith missed a game too and then...*crickets*  (if I'm not mistaken, even less production than in 2012)

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

I know last year our best option, especially when Braxton wasnt having a good game, was to turn and hand the ball to Hyde. I am hoping this year we get to see touches from a bunch of different guys in the backfield each game - Elliot, Smith, Dunn, Wilson, etc. Obviously, feeding the hot hand when applicable.

+2 HS
johnny11's picture

I would too, Just as a means to keep all this talent happy.

southbay's picture

Or beating opposing defenses into submission even faster...

Him1stftballl8er's picture

Ezekiel 20lbs heavier...our backs will be fun to watch this year. Loved the comments on Dontre as well. I have a feeling we're gonna see more of a RB by committee this year with Elliott//Smith//Dunn being the guys. 

Sounds like Curtis is probably going to turn in a typical freshman year which is ok, but it leaves me wondering who will back up Dontre at H with Jalin down. I'm sure Jalin will be fine by fall camp but it was an injury that set him back last fall camp. I hope he can stay healthy. 

The wise shall inherit glory, but shame shall be the promotion of fools. 

+2 HS
johnny11's picture

Yah I was sad to hear about Jalin too. I have high hopes for him this year because of his running style. hopefully an injury wont put him back like it did last year.

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Time to get Heuerman more involved.

+2 HS
buckskin's picture

"Dontre is not scared of anything."

Yeah, we saw that in the TTUN game.

+3 HS
Jbucks's picture

EZE GAINED 20 POUNDS OF MUSCLE!!!!! If this is true and he doesnt get injured or lose a step, enjoy him while hes here bcuz that guy is NFL Bound Junior year top 15 pick status (would be top 5 if this was the 90's)

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

+2 HS
southbay's picture

Twenty pounds stronger...Are we playing Purdue this year?  Where's that cheerleader?  She's really going to be impressed now...

+3 HS
BroJim's picture

This group might be the most talented on the team. 

I season my simple food with hunger

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Man am I jacked up now - can't stop watching all the interviews available to us now.