Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Saban continues to prove what a joke he really is

0 HS
Floyd Stahl's picture
March 5, 2014 at 4:41am
36 Comments

In this article on espn.com, Nicky Saban continues to tout player safety as a reason for slowing down the game. First of all, he compares playing more plays to someone smoking more cigarettes. "The fastball guys (up-tempo coaches) say there's no data out there, and I guess you have to use some logic. What's the logic? If you smoke one cigarette, do you have the same chances of getting cancer if you smoke 20? I guess there's no study that specifically says that. But logically, we would say, 'Yeah, there probably is.'"

Secondly, he says,"I always go back to what they do in the NFL because they spend millions of dollars to figure out what's best for the game," Saban said. You mean, Nicky, because they spend millions of dollars in concussion research and then cover it up, and that's what's best for the game? I can't believe this guy says these things without a smirk or without laughing, they are so outlandish. Just another day in Nicky's egocentric, self-involved SEC-centered world, nothing to see here. Move along now.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10552938/nick-saban-alaba...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments