Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Walk-Out Linebacker?

Silver Bullet 10's picture
March 5, 2014 at 4:17am
15 Comments

This is the first time I've heard it under Urban Meyer. Are we done with the star position?

TMac's picture

Is this a distinction without a difference?

+1 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

OLBs have a 'drop', and an 'attack'.  He is probably referring to the 'drop'.

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

Could be another term for Viper. 

-1 HS
MacG91's picture

Im pretty sure Star is a hybrid Saftey/Linebacker position. Its probably situational. Im guessing Lee, Worley, Bell or Powell would play that when needed. 

Mac..yeah

Hovenaut's picture

Hey, if it helps with pass coverage...

I am not the Last Dragon, therefore I do not possess the power of the Glow.

Youngbuck85's picture

Same position mike Mitchell, Dorian bell, ejuan price , and many others have taken here at osu the last couple of years...

-6 HS
UrbanCulture's picture

I wouldn't say Mike Mitchell walked out on the program.

otrain2416's picture

Its honestly sad you're saying this about Mitchell. His dad is sick and he wants to be home with his family. He made a grown man decision and I completely respect that. 

+3 HS
Youngbuck85's picture

You're right, I meant more that he was leaving the program. Didn't mean to attack his character at all

Seattle Linga's picture

Maybe Urban is like a CEO creating a new position for his STAR player to join the ranks

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

Is that kind of like a walk-off home run?  As in, the walk-out linebacker takes the field, and you can stop playing now because we won the game.  The other team might as well just punt it and hang their head in shame.

+1 HS
willshire58's picture

He was referring to Darron Lee when he said 'Walk-out Linebacker'. Lee was running with the 1's playing the Will Linebacker position, Shazier's old spot.

TUNBUCK89's picture

If the new position name hepls him perform the way Shazier did, then I'm all for it.

KBonay's picture

I have a preference to call it the 'Zek Back, but whatever.  Just hit someone....HARD.

+1 HS
CC's picture

I beleive Walk Out LB = Defensive Percy Harvin

+2 HS