#1 Johnnie Dixon

#2 Dontre Wilson

#3 Michael Thomas

#4 Curtis Samuel

#5 Raekwon McMillan

#13 Stephen Collier

#64 Marcelys Jones

ab1993's picture

So happy that Collier got #13, kinda pigeonholing into the backup QB/Kenny Guiton role, but I guess he's being realistic. Good for him

Class of '16

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Raekwon wearing 5 could look pretty badass in the middle. Surprised that Dontre changed his number, but he wore 2 in high school. Also worth noting that apparently Corey Smith was wearing 7 during bowl practices. Not sure what that means for Rod Smith, though.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+4 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

#5 is represented very well

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

D'Andrea was #5, and that was around the time I first started playing the EA sports NCAA Football games.  Ever since, I always give 5-star MLBs #5.

Dublin68's picture

Johnny Disxon is #1

JYBUCKEYE's picture

Who's taking over #2 on defense?  I thought it would be McMillan. I hope Dixon lives up to the hype, I bought a #1 jersey last year because of D. Wilson.  I would like to add a #4 to my collection though. 

+2 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Bell possibly

UFM_Renewal

TheBadOwl's picture

Burrows, Webb and Lattimore all wore #2 in high school, right? One of them, I'd assume. If Bell's switching numbers, he'll be in a 7 jersey.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

True. If Burrows secures a starting job then I could see him in it

Depends on how many redshirts, which according to UFM we aren't redshirting as many as last year

UFM_Renewal

buckeye4life050233's picture

Lattimore was saying on ask.fm that he wanted the #2 jersey for defense but since he isn't on campus it might go to someone already there if they snatch it up first

Youngbuck85's picture

Almost all of our skill position players are going to wear single digits. Elliot's the only starter most likely who won't. That's gonna look awesome out there

+2 HS
LouBuck35's picture

A true indication of the offseason is all of the #HOTSPROTSTAKES and analysis of jersey numbers.  Don't get me wrong, any football talk is better than no football talk - but I don't care if the offensive skill players are wearing single digits or Roman numerals - as long as the ball crosses the goal line.

I want a fall Saturday in Ohio Stadium..

+4 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Well we always need something to debate right?

Keep things fresh

UFM_Renewal

LouBuck35's picture

Agree keeping it fresh is important - keeps us from re-living all of the "I want the old site back" forum topics.  It's just funny to see Twitter blow up about who's wearing what at practice - like its the Oscars red carpet.

I want a fall Saturday in Ohio Stadium..

-1 HS
saltybuck61's picture

I could see Roman numerals appearing on an Adidas alternate in the near future.

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Roman numerals?

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Its possible that EZE will get #7 though and give 15 to someone like Hubbard or Berger

UFM_Renewal

TheBadOwl's picture

What about Rod Smith, then? Dontre took 2, is Rod Smith switching to 7? I heard that Corey Smith was wearing 7 during spring drills, plus I think Jalin Marshall said he wanted it.

+1 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Theres only so many numbers lol. Not everyone can have 2 or 7

I think itll be Dontre in 2,Rod in 3,MT in 10,Bell in 7,Burrows in 6 or 9...of course I have no freaking idea and to be honest I get the numbers mixed up a lot

UFM_Renewal

-2 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

If like to see Rod Smith switch to 34. I'm expecting big things. 

+1 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

I'd like to see him go to #25, his HS number at Harding.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

DeepSouthBuckeye's picture

I have always loved the #3. I hope Mike Thomas and all of his swag and trash talk  balls out in it this year.

Loving all things Buckeye from SEC country in Alabama.
"How firm thy friendship....O-HI-O"

+4 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

+1 for the #3 love.
Greatest number of all.

ab42beerman's picture

Wow.  Wasn't Elliot #2 in HS too?  Popular number.

I wear it in beer league softball in the summer and I must say, do a poor job representing it.

+1 HS
vitaminB's picture

I've been told you play like #2.

+6 HS
ab42beerman's picture

Heh.  Yeah, that whole playing outfield thing when you reach your mid-30's sucks.

Jdadams01's picture

I made the switch to pitcher. I highly suggest it.

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

stoked Kwon is in the single digits. Something about a monster in a low number that just screams badass. 

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Manti Te'o....

LEBRON

+5 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Shazier didnt look too shabby sporting #2 either

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Girlfriend jokes and "OMG SHAZIER HAD BETTER STATS!!!!!!!!!!" arguments aside, Manti Te'o was a monster in college and is doing very well in the NFL.

+5 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Funny how all the negative comments go away when he started in San Diego

What girlfriend jokes??

UFM_Renewal

+3 HS
DNARCO's picture

What girlfriend jokes??

It's almost like they never existed. 

+16 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Manti Te'o was a monster in college and is doing very well in the NFL.

It still was laughable that he got a heisman invite.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Crumb's picture

Shazier was better in 2012 and had better stats too!!!

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

Silver Bullet 10's picture
+1 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Good choice!

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

JollyFatMan's picture

11 also does look fantastic on the OSU uniform.. as Vonn's picture shows. 

How firm thy friendship..

Crumb's picture

Why did Dontre go from #1 to #2? Anyone know why Devin Smith went from #15 to #9?

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

Dirty330Buckeye's picture

Donte wore #2 in high school and Devin Smith wore #9 in high school

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Devin Smith idolized Jeremy Maclin, who wore 9 at Mizzou.

buckeye4life050233's picture

hopefully more of these instagrams and vines wind up hitting the web throughout the spring practices.   

Wesleyburgess1's picture

I think i seen somewhere that Jeff Greene was wearing #8 this year.

Bags5150's picture

Greene wore 8 last year but there were 3 #8s, Greene, Spence and....can't remember the last one.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth~Mike Tyson

WesPatterson23's picture

I believe it was J.T. Moore.

buckguyfan1's picture

Vonn will own which ever number he wears.  Gold Tipped Silver Bullets are about to be chambered in the Ash Rifle. 

Edit: Johnson is in charge of the armored division. 

+1 HS
HolyBuckeyeOSU's picture

Doesn't or Didn't Cam Williams wear #5?

Go Buckeyes! 

kicks's picture

He wore #55 last year, and I believe he did wear #5 the year before.

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Kyle Trout will wear No. 71

I saw Nuerenberger on the official roster with Trout as not having a number, any word on the kicker?

kicks's picture

Nuernberger (96)

Seattle Linga's picture

Spring Practice is nice but the Spring game will be awesome regardless of who's wearing what number.

+1 HS
ohst8buxCP's picture

Number 4 is underrated. We haven't had a good one for a while. Glad to see Samuel got it.

teddyballgame's picture

What number is Jalin Marshall wearing?

Who is #34 in the spring practice photos?

kicks's picture

Jamal Marcus?