Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

If you could have a Dream Team of former players come back to OSU to coach... Who ya got?

youngbuck32's picture
March 3, 2014 at 11:27am
8 Comments

I'm thinking things like... Eddie George coaching RB's or Antoine Winfield coaching DB's... Linebackers coach... holy cow there are so many... Is anyone bringing back Troy Smith to coach QB's? How about Cris Carter to coach WR's?  So many great players... And yet so few coaching slots. This should be interesting!

MacG91's picture

Troy smith- QB I guess, not many good options. 

Eddie- RB he would be a recruiting monster. (robert smith if we are talking Xs and Os)

CC- WR recruiting monster and smart WR

John Simon if not Vrabel for Dline. 

Spielman or Laurinaitis (Intensity)

Doss/Winfield Both would do great. 

Mac..yeah

+1 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

I like your list, the only one I would debate with is Chris Carter...based on the way Duron turned out, I might turn to someone else to coach.  But the guy does have an encyclopedias worth of WR knowledge.

You could make a case for Krezel at QB coach based on his brains and the fact that he won it all.  But it's hard to go wrong with either guy there.

+1 HS
buckeyestu's picture

If Tatum was still alive I want him for the defensive backfield. Archie for rb coach, Spielman for linebackers. Jenkins to coach wr. Krenzel to coach qb. Defensive line coach Vrable. Offensive line the pancake man.

+1 HS
lvccacamcrca's picture

Assuming the spread is our offense....................Kenny Guiton

Running Backs.....................................................Eddie

O-Line..................................................................Orlando Pace

WR.....................................................................CC

D-Line..................................................................Vrabel

D Backfield..........................................................Tatum

Linebackers........................................................Pepper Johnson

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

The Nuge (edit - Mike, not the Motor City Madman) for placekickers, Tom Skladany for punters (Coach Tressel approved).

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I like your style there HOV and I'm going alone on this one and I am not saying he was the best we ever had but I would actually like to see Clarret come back and coach the RB's on the field only of course. I loved his passion especially in the NCG in Arizona.

+1 HS
rightfield's picture

How about former Buckeye coaches and assistant coaches? Tressel (SpecialTeams), Urban Meyer (QB and O coordinator), Nick Sabin (DB and D coordinator), Pete Carroll (WR), Earle Bruce(OL), Lou Holtz (RB), Paul Brown(Head of Football Operations and Co O coordinator), Woody Hayes ( HC). 

I know I am missing a lot here but it is a start. 

Its good to be the king

+1 HS
KBonay's picture
None other than this guy.  And don't sleep on Joey Galloway...dude is very smart.