Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

What year did we switch from Champion to Nike?

WoodyTresselUrban's picture
March 1, 2014 at 10:12pm
15 Comments

I believe it was 1996, the year after Eddie was drafted. Can anybody confirm this?

Whoa Nellie's picture

Think you're correct.  Pics from EG's Heisman year, 1995-96, are Champion.  Pics from the Rose Bowl in Jan. 1997, Joe Germaine/David Boston v. ASU, are Nike.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

OSUStu's picture

All that matters is all of the years we weren't ADIDAS.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+7 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

Adidas is just awful. UCLA, Nebraska, Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennesse...all shit. The jerseys aren't even sewn together...just some stretch crap material with no seams. 

cajunbuckeye's picture

What about the shoes? I blew out a knee just from trying on a pair at the mall.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+3 HS
Duccivespucci's picture

Not to mention what Addidas has done to basketball jerseys everywhere! Those stupid t shirt uniforms, they look so dumb. And some of those special ones for the NCAA tourney last year? Really?

Michael

BuckeyeChief's picture

I agree for the most part, but man, oh man, those Crazy 8's are amazing. I just bought a pair and they are comfy, Other than those, I am a Nike-head.

"Clutch has no boundaries"

hetuck's picture

I remember Cooper pimping Pony shoes. 

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Vince Lombardi

Ericgobucks's picture

Yes 1996 was the first year. The major difference from that year was that the jerseys didn't have the Ohio State logo on the neck. That was a pretty cool touch they added the following year. 

BuckFly's picture

It's worth showing again

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Great photo B-Fly - thanks for posting

Whoa Nellie's picture

And, so is this.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I've learned to like the new unis, but I'll always love the big numbers and gray sleeve stripes.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

My friend heard ND is switching to UA?

Stoicpaisano's picture

UA picked up ND (from adidas) and the Naval Academy (from Nike).

Tennessee is switching from adidas to Nike.

Finishing up year 8 of the NBA/adidas 11-year contract.

southbymidwest's picture

Yeah, Under Armour beat out Adidas and Nike for your basic little 10 year deal worth a reported $90 million starting in July. Soooo will we see "interesting" uniforms and helmets like Maryland's ones?