Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

OHIO STATE at Navy tickets go onsale this Friday (presale on Wednesday)!!

DCBucki's picture
February 25, 2014 at 9:57am
36 Comments

Looking forward to watching the Buckeyes play a game semi-close to me!! I get two in one year!! Tickets go onsale this Friday, presale is tomorrow but I don't have a code for that... YET! If you can't get tickets now, no worries. Last time I went to Ravens Stadium (few years ago) they had an area that they allow people to scalp tickets. Should be plenty of tickets as I don't see a sell-out, but you never know.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/navy-midshipmen-football-v-ohio-state-baltimore-maryland-08-30-2014/event/15004C44A6BA58B1?artistid=1968350&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8

mrspray's picture

As a DC area fan, I'm pumped that there are two semi-local games to go to this year. If I can get to either game I'll be a happy fan.

DCBucki's picture

Local game EVERY other year now!! Now, if only UVA or VATech would come to the Big Ten we'd have local games all the time!! Columbus-East!!

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

DeepSouthBuckeye's picture

My in laws are Maryland grads, and already have us tickets to the OSU/ MD game! Excited to get to see the best damn fans in the land take over another stadium. I am hoping for a Cal game 2.0 from the fans!

Loving all things Buckeye from SEC country in Alabama.

"How firm thy friendship....O-HI-O"

CC's picture

I was at Cal and I'll be at MD but it won't be so obvious.  Walking in at Cal I heard a dad dressed in bear gear tell his son "This is what big time college football is all about" as he was looking over a crowd of OSU fans cloaked in scarlet.  It was like the circus came to town.

MD will just be everyone wearing red/scarlet so it won't be obvious until we score.  I'm glad we play them early.  MD could be undefeated going into the game but could conceivably lose every game from OSU until the end.  Similar situation with Rutgers.

703Buckeye's picture

I'm going to both the Navy and Maryland games. Baltimore is 45 min away and College Park is 25 min away.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

DCBucki's picture

I'm gonna try to go to both games as well! I'm about 1.5 hours from Baltimore and UMD is about 45 minutes. Definately going to the Navy game, but the MD game may be harder. Small stadium and a LOT of football fans here (not MD fans, but fans that will pay to see a good game). Hope they may move this game to FedEx, but who knows. Also looking forward to the VT game next year as well!!

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

703Buckeye's picture

Unfortunately, Maryland is very against playing games off-campus... not as against it as Rutgers but they still do not like leaving Byrd.

I live in McLean, like 4 miles from the VA/MD border, so both games are a must for me. I already went to a OSU/Johns Hopkins lacrosse game in Baltimore a few weeks ago.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

DCBucki's picture

Yeah, I know they are against moving the game to other locations... but money talks! If they can get another $1-2M by moving the game then its more plausable. One thing is for sure, they WILL need to improve/expand their stadium. Surprised this hasn't happened with the UA money money coming in. Guess the UA donations are significantly < Nike donations. Still hoping that the OSU/VA Tech game next year gets moved up here to FedEx. If not, would be great to go down to VaTech for a game. Heard its a great stadium and LOUD!!

I live in Manassas, so not to far either. Either way, two close games this year and a short trip next year!!  

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

southbymidwest's picture

I was told a couple of months ago by a friend who is a UMd donor that UMd will do one game a year at M&T Bank (Ravens) Stadium-and that this year, they were tentatively going with Penn State, as thye see that as a bigger potential rivalry type game.

As to Byrd Stadium at UMd, they spent big bucks renovating and adding seats and suites to it a few years ago, with the assumption that there was a demand for them. They then set the athletic department budget based on those erroneous revenue projections. They practically bankrupted the athletic department when they couldn't sell the seats or suites (not so red hot football teams will do that to ya). Ended up being one of the main reasons that they had to cut a number of sports, and led them down the path to joining the Big 10.

FROMTHE18's picture

turn that place into Horseshoe East

Buckeye06's picture

I'm 100% planning on going.  I have friends there, and it's over Labor Day anyway, so it works out for me

DCBucki's picture

I think there will be a LOT of Buckeye fans there due to the extended weekend. Should be a blast!! Baltimore is a great town for nightlife. Has some bad neighborhoods, but a LOT of great bars and restaurants! DC and Philly are only a short drive away as well.

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

BuckeyeLaw's picture

Anyone have a presale code or know how to get one? I am traveling to the game and can't wait for the atmosphere. The last time we played Navy was special and I even think we won some kind of award for how we treated the and greeted the Middies!

OSU 2011 - Toledo Law 2014

DCBucki's picture

If you find one, please let me know. We are buying a block of tickets. I've slowly been converting these ACC fans into Buckeyes fans!!

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

gm3jones's picture

I don't think they have those yet (been looking). I will post them on here if I find anything. I will reach out to a few of my buddies also and ask them how they are getting tickets (Navy guys.. usually able to get tickets through the USO)

There is nothing more remarkable as learning to think better.

CC's picture

See my post below for the code,

gm3jones's picture

I will be going for sure. I was in the navy so this sounds fun! Get to cuss out some sailors lol just kidding

DCBucki's picture

Yeah, should be a great atmosphere! After further research, it looks like the tickets (uppers and lowers) will all be $85 (including all fees). Club seats are $125!! Still can't find this code though!! :(

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

HomeBrewed's picture

I'm definitely going to both this year. I'm about an hour from MT&T and 45 from College Park. 

Clever Statement

nburns18's picture

Would love to get to this game. It will be neat to see them play in an NFL stadium again. I think the last time was against Toledo at Browns Stadium back in 2009

"You win with people." -Woody Hayes

Seattle Linga's picture

One of the last games I saw in person was the "Escape" against Navy - I shutter to think we barely escaped 

CC's picture

The code is PSLNVYOSU

Link http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/15004C44A6BA58B1?camefrom=EMCL_229614_11335309

They assign seats "randomly", we kept trying and ended up wtih section 145 for $85.  At first they offered section 553.

+1 HS
DCBucki's picture

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR POSTING THE CODE!! I just got 10 tickets together in section 140, row 30 (right behind the goal post) for $85 each!! They were giving me nothing but 500 section, and then they popped up!! Wanted sidelines, but trying to find 10 together would be hard, if not impossible!! My family is coming into town for the game and I thought we'd have to split up! So pumped right now!! WHOOOOO!!

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

+2 HS
CC's picture

I'm glad I could help.  10 more Bucks in the stands.

OH

DCBucki's picture

I-O!!! We have 13 total tickets now. Went online and figures out how to add tickets to our seats. There will be 6 Dedicated Buckeye fans, and the 7 recently converted Buckeye fans!! I've showed them the way and now they see the light!! Go Bucks!!

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

+2 HS
dcbucks's picture

At what point do we start planning the 11W tailgate? Another interest would be to get a fan bus from somewhere in DC (or Bethesda) up to Baltimore for the day. With 40+ people we could get something reasonably priced. 

+1 HS
DCBucki's picture

If you guys find something like this, let me know. We have 8 adults (maybe 10) and 2 kids.

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

gm3jones's picture

Shoot me a message, for sure! I will have three of my friends with me. I would love to hang out with some fellow buckeye fans.

DCBucki's picture

BTW, here's a better site to use to get the tickets. Its an interactive stadium map that shows whats available. I was able to use this to add 3 seats to my previous order. Just use the code, then if you don't want the expensive "hosipitality package" you can modify the filter (to just see the regular presale tickets). Plenty of tickets available in the lower endzone and sideline upper level.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/navy-midshipmen-football-v-ohio-state-baltimore-maryland-08-30-2014/event/15004C44A6BA58B1?artistid=1968350&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

mmounts's picture

First post here. Words cannot describe how excited I am to have 2 games close enough to attend. Born and raised a Buckeye, but grew up in the depths of the SEC (Georgia), and have yet to see a game in my life (depressing, I know). Recently moving to DC has given me the opportunity to go to this game and I am needless to say, pumped. I'm going to need to meet up with some fellow 11ws, as I am solo in the OSU friends department in DC. Look forward to organizing something as the date gets closer.

+1 HS
southbymidwest's picture

Hey mmounts, the DC alumni club is pretty active, and they have a number of "official" game watch parties in DC, NoVa and MD. Here is the website, if you are interested in finding fellow OSU fans in this neck of the woods:

http://www.osudc.org/index.html

Bloombergl's picture

Bucks fans living in Bethesda.  We're ecstatic for Navy and MD games.  Great call on 11w tailgate for one or both!

Buckeye06's picture

Just got 2 for the game.  High up in 553 but right around the 40, so I can see the development of plays (more my style than lower bowl behind the endzone but to each his own).

Excited about kickoff in 6 months haha

Bucki78's picture

Got my tickets and hotel all booked now.  Heck I think my wife and I may even catch the Orioles game that day as well.  Time shows TBA still, so wondering if they are waiting on a confirmed 12PM kick on this game? Either way I'm so pumped!  My wife and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding Anniversary that weekend.  Lots to see and do in that area around the stadiums.

"But I don't have to rely on a lot of people to tell me about the traditions of Ohio State. I lived it, I breathed it, I know it and I love it." - Urban Meyer

+1 HS
Sockmonkey's picture

Got 4 tickets and flights booked. No hotel yet, but planning to take care of that soon. Hoping to check out the Orioles game and I've been told the Inner Bay is a cool area.

And I'm in for an 11W Tailgate. :) 

+1 HS
DCBucki's picture

We received our tickets in the mail yesterday!! I can't wait!! We aren't staying in Baltimire, as we have a a lot of people coming with us. We are going to try to organize/hire a bus to head there from the NOVA area. Inner Harbor is great, as is Fells Point and some of the other areas. We posted some info in another thread titled. I'm going to start a thread this summer with a good write up for things to do, see in the area and so forth. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn near the stadiums. Its a short walk and in an decent part of town.

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

+1 HS