Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Earle's picture

The old site had football...

Italics are for emphasis.

+10 HS
Oyster's picture

Did you forget what you were going to say?

+1 HS
Earle's picture

OK, I'll go slow here because I know my kids had trouble with this around second grade.  An ellipse (...) represents an uncompleted thought.  You may have read that before.  The idea is to let the reader draw his or her own conclusion.  Now, while I had my own idea of what the continuation of that thought should be, the possibilities are endless:

The old site had football...the new site stinks!

The old site had football...and Recent Comments.

The old site had football...FIRE FICKELL!!!

The old site had football...Earle is old.

See how it works?

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

The idea is to let the reader draw his or her own conclusion.

Thus the concept of Sarcasm Dots!

Earle's picture

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

Hey, it was your words, not mine.  If people didn't know better, they would swear we rehearse this stuff the night before.

-1 HS
Earle's picture

Sarcasm:

Oyster's picture

You are most certainly are a very funny guy, Earle...

Earle's picture

Better, but you're still verging on hyperbole.

Oyster's picture

I wouldn't say verging ; )

Earle's picture

As a literary construct, that is.  I should have considered that these concepts are a bit nuanced for someone who struggles with basic punctuation.

Oyster's picture

This is becoming quite the quest for you isn't it?  To rid the world of Sarcasm Dots.  I have visions of the Knights of the Round Table, searching years on end for the Holy Grail.  Their beards long, their clothes in taters, their hearts heavy, for they know it is a fruitless effort.

Earle's picture

My quest is to educate the world on the proper use of ellipses.  Wars have been waged in less noble pursuits.  I know naught of these dots of which you speak.

And I like taters, especially in tot form.  Much better than fruit, anyway.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

If you would, please keep us updated on your progress.  We are all on the edge of our seats...

rosycheeks's picture

Man, I needed to not watch that. 6+ months? How, man, HOW???

One Bad Buckeye's picture

I'm still trying to figure out how that game came down to the last play.....our D was really that bad huh? 

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+3 HS
m5987usus's picture

I will drink to this thread

O-H!

One Bad Buckeye's picture

Second that, I usually keep it to 2-3 beers after my evening workout (I know, sometimes I really do feel like I work out so I don't feel as guilty for drinking :/).  Tonight....I'm gonna have to make it 4.  

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+1 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

I miss my dead grandmother. 

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

Mortc15's picture

I just teared up watching that video. No more Hyde. And no football against someone other than OSU for wayyyy too long.

Buck-I4Life

dc28's picture

Can't Wait for next season. I believe Ohio State will shock some people with their improved defense (Chris Ash/Larry Johnson) and the versatility and speed that will be on offense. If the BIG Ten thought Ohio State was fast this year, wait till they see Samuel, Dixon, Marshal, and company. WOW!!!! SPEED KILLS!!!!

Squirrel Master's picture

I miss swiss miss!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!