Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Bert Beliema "beyond insensitive"...

Li Xiao Buckeye's picture
February 23, 2014 at 4:35pm
25 Comments

Cal has responded to our old friend Bert's buffoonish and "passionate" reference to the death of one of their players... 

Check out ESPiN's article here...

The comments are enlightening in the sense that there seems to be a lot of hate out there for "Mr. Karma 2013"

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

The only people defending him are Arkansas fans. That will change after another meh season.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
Bukirob's picture

He is a world class douche-a-tool

You WIN with people.

WW Hayes

KBonay's picture

And not very many, at that...

FROMTHE18's picture

Is it me or is every commitment to Arkansas just an absolute lol-moment. I have no idea why any player, other than a lack of other offers, would ever want to play for Bert. He got his ass handed to him last year, and probably won't be there after next year if they are awful again. Even if they make a bowl, anything less than 8 wins and I'd expect him to be on the hot seat in 2015. The guy is just an idiot. 

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

$$$

Fuck m*ch*gan! That is all.

Bailey458's picture

I wonder if Bert cares about his public perception or is just too stupid to realize what he is saying is massively inappropriate.  Either way he just keeps making enemies.  No excuse for this buffoonery,

Seattle Linga's picture

If Bert honestly cared about his public perception - Jen would never have tweeted that KARMA tweet last year. 

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

We can control what our women say? Since when?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

I've been told that it's possible if your wife has stage 4 throat cancer and possibly when she's dead .... happily I haven't gone through either experience to verify, but it's the word on the street

PittBuckeye's picture

Bert's a dancer and a lover, he doesn't have time for sensitivity and common sense.

+4 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Well, it was something a Douchebag would say. 

bigbadbuck's picture

Thus furthering the squeaky clean reputation of the S*E*C* and of course Bert Bielema

Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates. Football is no different, the guys down in the trenches win the games, not the coach.            

osubuck57's picture

Alvarez is probably dancing every day in his office now that he's gone. No one in Wisky  or the Big Ten is missing him, that's for certain.

SCOTTC.

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I think we'll one day be looking back at Bert's greatest hutts...sorry, hits...when he's all said and done as a major college football head coach.

I also think that day is coming sooner than later.

"Success - it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Li Xiao Buckeye's picture

"Bert's Greatest Hits" would surpass "Bucksfan changing his icon" in the Eleven Warriors hall of fame in a mere two days.  There might even be too many GIFs to load the page properly.  

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Remember what we did to Penn State last year?

I'd love to do that to Arkansas.  Just hang 80 on them....don't stop throwing.  Just go full throttle and embarass them.

hit_the_couch's picture

I don't know why he cited that kid's death. It was likely he died of HCM (unnatural enlarged left heart chambers), which was something he was born with. It's shame that people have it; Marcus Freeman had to stop playing because of it and could have been a pretty good pro LB.

Bert is either a huge idiot or just flat out ignorant.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

TCOB_6's picture

I'll take flat out ignorant for 500 Alex.

PS. HUGE idiot applies too.

+1 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

For 500 lbs? Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

+1 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

This gaffe is in a whole different league than accusing Urban Meyer of cheating or irritating other fan bases and coaches. His entire credibility is on the line now and if he's not successful at Arkansas, he might be in for a massive downgrade in his next coaching job. I see similarities between him and Lane Kiffin and while Kiffin ended up as a coordinator at Bama, that SoCal pretty boy can't be happy in the middle of no-fucking-where being a coordinator. And IF his tenure at Bama this year isn't successful, he might get Ron Zooked out of football all together. Bert is dangerously close to being on a "Kiffin-esque" trajectory. 

BuckeyeJ's picture

I know we may never get an answer. But i would love to ask Coach Ash what he thinks of Bert

+1 HS
GR8TBUCKS's picture

What Ash thinks of Bert? I think he said a lot by leaving and ending up at OSU. How many coaches have left Bert in the last three years?

MY BUTT'S SO BIG, I SPLIT MY PJ BOTTOMS

One Bad Buckeye's picture

Let alone for somewhere Bert obviously has great disdain for like Ohio State, mwah-ha-ha-haaaaa!

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

Travis's picture

He ran away to hide from Urban in the best place possible.

When you want to hide something well, put it in plain sight... i.e. the SEC because that media love.

They need a 2 to tie, a 3 to win it; Sylvester for threeeee... OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHH WITH FIVE POINT ONE TO GO!!!