Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Arron Craft Playing Buckeye Football?

seafus26's picture
February 20, 2014 at 2:48pm
32 Comments

Is it eligibility wise possible for Arron Craft to play this upcoming season for Urban Meyer?  I'd like to see him as a pharana. It'd be a difficult transition with such little time left, but could he play some safety?  And would it harm his European basketball career? I don't know if it would take away from the team and create a distraction.  My guess is with how classy the kid is and his team first mentality, it would not.

mh277907's picture

Gotta love off-season threads.

buckeyebobcat

+20 HS
Xenia_Buckeye's picture

Help me with the word "pharana" in your second sentence please. Is that a cross between an old Egyptian ruler and a carnivorous fish?

+19 HS
c92996p's picture

This is fantastic

Unky Buck's picture

Not quite sure who this Arron Craft kid is but Aaron Craft has eligibility!

In all seriousness, I heard about this rumor last week from one of my buddies down in Columbus. I don't necessarily buy it, but he can do it, similar to Greg Paulus when he did it by going to Syracuse. So while it can certainly be done, let's be realistic: Syracuse is no Ohio State and Aaron Craft likely won't get much playing time if any if he were to do it. Now add in scholarship restrictions and walk-ons who have put in their time and paid their dues, it'd be unfair to just hand him a scholarship in order to get a graduate degree.

It's an interesting question, but I just don't see how this ever actually happens.

seafus26's picture

I don't see it happening either, but it'd be interesting. I wouldn't want to see Meyer put Craft in front if anyone he didn't legitamtly beat out on his own.  And beating anyone out, after not playing the game for 4 years might not be in the realm. Addmitedly, this is derived more out of bordum of the off season rather than any validity.

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

-1 HS
Doc's picture

That's pronounced A-A-Ron.

I tried to embed the Key & Peele skit here, but couldn't.  Please somebody with some mad skills do it for me.

"Say my name."

+7 HS
Firedup's picture

"Making the Great State of Ohio Proud!" UFM

+6 HS
Doc's picture

Thanks Firedup, I don't know what my problem was.  I followed DJ's hand dandy cheat sheet and everything.  Here's an upvote for ya.

"Say my name."

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Hahaha, this was awesome.

OSUStu's picture

You guys are being insubordinate and churlish.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

"YOU DONE MESSED UP A-A-RON!!!!! NOW TAKE YOUR ASS DOWN TO O-SHAG-HENNESSYS!!!!!!"

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture

Seafus, you forgot your sarcasm font...

+2 HS
Earle's picture

The real question is whether Kenny G can beat out Craft for the starting PG spot next year.

+13 HS
Firedup's picture

Safety for this play alone he made his junior year.  #4 in blue 

"Making the Great State of Ohio Proud!" UFM

seafus26's picture

After watching that "highlight" video, it'd be way too much from playing with and against that level of talent, small venues and sitting out 4 years to expect anything. 

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

osu07asu10's picture

White MoC?

JasonR's picture

Ha, one of those was against my HS alma mater. We were pretty good some of those years but couldn't ever get the better of Craft and L-B.

Silver Bullet 10's picture

Any chance LeBron takes his talents to Columbus next season?

Silver Bullet 10's picture

Any chance LeBron takes his talents to Columbus next season?

-1 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

No

No

Lol

UFM_Renewal

buckguyfan1's picture

Is this secret code for fire Fickell?

buckguyfan1's picture

Earle lead me wrong, he said you didn't need the sarcasm font.  

osu07asu10's picture

(Never) Always trust Earle...

+1 HS
Earle's picture

To be fair, what I said was that good sarcasm does not need a special font. The commentariat makes the final determination on that, but you get an upvote from me for the effort.

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

This wouldn't make sense to me. Especially with the athletes Urban pulled over the past 3 years.

You can't argue that he would be more athletic than say Vonn Bell, Tanner, Edwards (someone said he could possibly be a safety). I'd make a case that Kyle Berger is more athletic than Craft, and you also have to look at body type. Craft isn't big enough to compete with the monster linemen in the B1G, he would get hurt fairly quick IMO. Play him at QB, and maybe (and thats a BIG maybe) he could do average. Paulus wasn't exactly setting the world on fire when he play QB for Syracuse

UFM_Renewal

+2 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

I think its funny that just because he won't be going to the NBA people think that Craft won't have much to do with his life after OSU basketball.

Craft will be doing much more important things in life after college than playing professional basketball.

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Does Jeff Greene have a scholarship yet?

Also, Matta should get Craft on his coaching staff as a GA ....that'd take care of the education issue and get Craft into the coaching profession ....where it seems like he'd be a natural fit: hard worker, motivated, hustles, good guy, etc.

Calgarybuck's picture

Wasn't Craft all-state as a QB?  I'd be interested in seeing if he still has it? Kid's a winner and a leader! 

route4buckeye's picture

Did you guys know that Aaron Craft played quarterback in high school?