Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Thoughts on Oregon's new football center?

HYDEYOKIDS's picture
February 12, 2014 at 9:54pm
22 Comments
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

I wonder why they don't keep all their national championship trophies at the new facility? It seems odd to store them off site.

+21 HS
Alpo's picture

Phil Knight keeps them in his office at Nike headquarters.

+1 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

Its funny to me to see this film and think its going to help a lot in recruiting. Outside of a scant few from the recent past I couldn't think of many NFL players that attended Oregon or ANY Heisman winners for that matter. I think there is always going to be players that want to go to Oregon but I think they'd be going there regardless of that film..............Just my thoughts

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Yeah, but that is one hell of a well done film!

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

Chief B1G Dump's picture

It certainly cant hurt their recruiting...

I would absolutely, at the very least, give Oregon a look if I were a top recruit in this day and age.

northbaybuck's picture

They will always have some sway with the way they change uniforms every day (thanks NIKE), but unless the new coach starts having a little more success, they won't get a bunch of elite guys in the future.

There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.
- Woody Hayes

Doc's picture

It sure is impressive.  Did anyone take the virtual tour of the place.  The theatre has Ferrari leather covered seats.  No wonder Nike's cost a thousand dollars a pair.

"Say my name."

DeuceOSU78's picture

WOW!  Imagine playing in front of 60,000 screaming fans!!!  It must be unbelievable!  What an imposing atmosphere.

DeuceOSU78

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I wouldn't mock them too much. They're 38-3 in the last 6 seasons at Autzen stadium.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Free pool = NCAA violation. 

Seattle Linga's picture

Very nice facility - wonder how much money they dedicate to the other sports accomodations.?

Humbuck's picture

UO has a world-class track and training facility.  The basketball arena got a huge face-lift.  All of the programs have top-flight facilities.  The football building is over the top nice but none of the other programs are hurting. 

PittBuckeye's picture

Have you seen their hideous basketball court? Something that ugly is not cheap. But Phil gives them enough money to spread around.

hardkorethree's picture

I did a virtual tour a year ago for their facilities.  If I had the opportunity to do an official visit there as a young stud football player, I would do it in a heartbeat.

CC's picture

It would be 3rd or 4th in the PAC 12 if I was taking ov's.  USC, UCLA and maybe Washington.

If I remember correctly you get 5 or 7 ov's.  Oregon would not even be close to my ov list.

OSU, Texas, USC, ND, LSU, Bama, Florida, FSU, OU, UGA etc.

buckeyejma's picture

Nike and Oregon can try and promote this program all they want but think about its history. For years and years they have been middle or bottom in the Pac 12. They very well could be on the rise, at the least they are going thru a cycle.  I think that maybe w/Nike in their backyard and promoting them anything is possible, but what kind of tradition do they have to look back on and say with pride we belong.

Step aside Nick, Urban is the real rock star!

Could be on the rise? Have you missed the last 7 seasons?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

I think with the departure of Chip Kelly they are on a downward trajectory. They will be top 25 material for a while, but they are not in the top-tier elite anymore. They keep losing games they should dominate and look impressive against shit opponents. As Borat would say "waaa waaa whoo wee" 

They were 11-2 last season without Chip Kelly.-_-

Ericgobucks's picture

And they lost to the two best teams on their schedule and didn't even play in a BCS game. As disappointing as our last two games were, we lost our conference title game and BCS bowl game. They didn't play in their conference championship game and won the Alamo Bowl. Considering their hype starting out the season 10-2 without a BCS Bowl game appearance is a collapse. Oregon now has a credibility problem with the national media and national fan bases. 

And they lost to the two best teams on their schedule

Arizona was better than UCLA? Is that a joke? XD

They didn't play in their conference championship game and won the Alamo Bowl. Considering their hype starting out the season 10-2 without a BCS Bowl game appearance is a collapse.

So? Their first year without one of the best coaches in cfb, and they finished 11-2(1 more loss than they finished with in 2012). It's not a nc, but to say it's a collapse is ridiculous.

Oregon now has a credibility problem with the national media and national fan bases. 

This made me laugh. Who cares? That's the last thing they should be worried about.

Ericgobucks's picture

Ok, I didn't study their schedule and each team. Yes UCLA is better than Arizona, but that furthers MY point, not yours. You may like to argue and think you know everything, but Oregon was suppose to play for the National Title and beat Bama, yet, they played in the Alamo Bowl. They even had some of their players publicly quit on the team. I think it's you who is making me laugh for being arrogant. You say it's "one more loss than last year," yet they didn't even win their division of the PAC12. They were all world against lesser competition, but choked on the big stage. To argue otherwise is simply ego on your part and a need to have to "be right."