Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Angry Team, Angry Coaches

JohnnyKozmo's picture
February 8, 2014 at 10:43am
16 Comments

Let's be honest.  With the Defense playing the way it was, and how the Offense went into a shell at the end of the year, it would have probably gotten ugly against FSU.  While I would have loved to at least won the Orange Bowl, I think losing it as well as the MSU game could end up benefitting the team even more in the year's to come.  With the master of motivation at the helm, he's got plenty of fuel to get his "Angry Team and Angry Coaches" back.

I know that's a "glass half full" statement, but I can't wait until the fall to see who shows up.  I know the first game is at Navy, but I think it will be very telling what type of season lies ahead when we see how the team comes out.  The Triple option isn't easy to defend, but if we see glimpses of the Silver Bullets, it could turn into a special season.  If things go as they did the last time tOSU played Navy, then it might be another long, painful season watching what was formerly known as the Defense.

The Urban Legend's picture

I don't like reliving the last Navy game. Charges should have been pressed because we stole that game from them.

The Legend continues

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Stole it how?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

-2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Navy is going to be a very strong team this year..Their 2 toughest games against us and ND they get in Maryland. They had ND beat last year. They will be a 10 win team and they will take our aggressive Dline away with cut blocks. With very young LBers playing on the road that game might turn out a lot more interesting then a lot of people are willing to admit.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

The backers might not end up being that young depending on who ends up winning the spots (Grant and Perry not exactly youngens)

And I agree they may very well be a 10 win team but I expect the Bucks to handle them pretty easily.

causeicouldntgo43's picture

At least Navy won't have any decent game film to plan with. Our offense in the first game of 2014 may be quite different from 2013 without Carlos. There will be some new wrinkles possibly at TE, Slot, and Receiver, and 3 new at O line. The Back 7 will be different as well with new players and coaches. Navy will wish they could call in the Seals by the second quarter.

-1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

With Navy the first game of the season, the coaches will have the team ready.

+4 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

Agreed here.  Makes a big difference if you play them week 1, or week 2 after playing a spread team.  They will have all summer to prepare, which makes it even more important to see an improved Defense.  We should see 8 in the box, with a single high safety, and the 2 CB's up on the line all game.  No disrespect to Navy, especially since most, if not all of those kids will be serving our Country, but they should not have a single WR that can beat any of OSU's CB's in man coverage.

brandonbauer87's picture

I'm an angry fan. I wouldn't care if the first game was against little sisters of the poor if it kicked off at noon today. 

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Thank you for making this possible.

+5 HS

After the last two games, I was an angry fan. :/

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I was a drunk fan. 

It's hard being a Buckeye fan that doesn't drink.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I'm moving on from the "angry team" concept.

I'm now interested in a "focused, fundamentally sound" concept. 

Especially when defending the ball. 

"Success - it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+7 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture
-1 HS