Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Unofficial 11w OSU Hoops poll: Holtmann or Archie?

+1 HS
Jersey Sure Buckeye's picture
June 9, 2017 at 4:32pm
22 Comments

First off, I think given the timing and circumstances --- OSU made a GREAT hire in Chris Holtmann as the new Men's Basketball coach. We are fortunate to land a rising star at this stage. I'll admit, he wasn't my first choice, I was on the Billy Donovan train early, (not sure if we had a realistic shot), and I preferred Frank Martin and Bobby Huggins. But, all in all, when the smoke clears...I think AD Gene Smith did a pretty good job in securing Holtmann as the new coach, (especially compared with the underwhelming Greg McDermott).

But, my question is based on the reports that Archie Miller would have taken the job, had it been offered to him in early April.

***** So, assuming we couldn't land Donovan or some other big name, and Gene Smith fired Thad Matta in early April --- it was either Archie Miller or Chris Holtmann --- who would you take?

Miller or Holtmann?

At first, I think I would prefer Archie Miller, but, the more I hear about Chris Holtmann...the more I like him. And, I think he will actually be a better recruiter than Archie...which is so important. Hell, off the start, if Holtmann can get Kyle Young to flip to OSU --- than can be huge. We may be watching an OSU/Indiana game a few years down the road --- and Young could hit the game winner --- and we'll be saying, "Thank God we got Holtmann".

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments