Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Thad releases upcoming non-conference schedule

+6 HS
mtrotb's picture
May 14, 2017 at 7:12am
33 Comments

In a surprising move Thad had a 5am Sunday press conference to announce upcoming November & December schedule.  He said he was hoping that no one would show at the ungodly hour and seemed annoyed that 11 Warrior resident smart ass MTROTB was the only reporter present.  Nonetheless he opened up and discussed a variety of subjects before previewing the upcoming slate of games.  First off he thanked Gene Smith for having his back and said how much he appreciates the support since he is the 7th highest paid coach in the country while finishing tied for 12th in the league.  When asked about Smith's vote of confidence the opening day of the Big 14 hoop tourney where the Bucks were blown out by Rutgers, Matta had a shit eating grin and said, "Yeah, that didn't look too good."  When asked how the off season was going Thad said, "Great, I'm getting paid $250,000 a month and all I'm doing is checking emails, listening to voice mails and reading some regular mail.  My back is hurting and although I'm just 49, I feel like I am 20 years older.  When asked about the entire class of 2015 being all gone, Thad brushed it off and said it was fake news and blamed Michigan for it.  Furthermore he asked Iron Pastor & coach from 11 Warriors to hang in there with him and give him at least two more, if not three more years of unwavering support.  He said if the ship sinks to let them know he has two first class seats in the sinking ship for them.  Lastly, he said to tell Icouldnotgoforthree he was making up tshirts with his famous pic.  On to the schedule with Thad's comments:

1. Sinclair Community College-Thad said fans have been clamoring for him to play in Dayton, so he has this for the opener.

2.   Westerville South High-Thad said he promised the Wesson boys that he would play at least once in their backyard while they were at OSU.  He thinks this will be a good test.

3.  OSU Women(Scrimmage)-Thad wanted me to stress this is not an actual game, just a scrimmage.  Said he couldn't deal with the heat if it was a real game and lost as he said he has no answer for Kelsey Mitchell.

4.  Cincy College of Mortuary Science-Thad said how nice and hospitable these guys were going to be.  Thad said at halftime they have offered to put an iv in all the players and swap fluids.  Thad said he didn't know why they cautioned the OSU players may be a little stiff for the 2nd half.  He also added he has been wanting to play in Cincy for a long time and now he has it accomplished for all the OSU fans in Cincy.

5.  Notre Dame Cleveland-Thad was waxing poetic about the heritage and history  and how tough these guys are and then I pointed out this was ND Cleveland, not South Bend and he said I didn't know what I was talking about.

6.  OSU Newark-Thad said he wanted to play Marion, but Greg Paulus said they were too tough.

7.  Shawnee State-Thad said real upcoming program with talented players.

8.  Lakewood St Edward High JV-Thad said the varsity was too tough and thought the JV program would be a good fit.  Plus he said the game would be over early and give his players more time to party.

9.  Kentucky-Thad said he feels if he can keep this under 50 it would be a moral victory.

That is the complete schedule so far.  Stay tuned.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments