College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

The Big 10- Hoops in Tourney

+1 HS
bsk33's picture
March 19, 2017 at 12:22am
17 Comments

Just curious if people's opinion of the Big 10 has changed any after the last 3 days.  I always thought that the popular opinion that the 'Big 10 was trash' was a major exaggeration.  There were definitely no elite teams and I still don't think there is a title contender. But it was pretty deep with 13 of the 14 teams in the RPI Top 100 towards the end of the season with 7 teams in the top 50.

Despite not having a team seeded higher than #4, the Big Ten posted a solid 5-2 1st round record.  And today, Wisky takes down the #1 overall seed, Purdue holds off a darn good Iowa State team, and Northwestern nearly overcame a 22 point deficit to come up just short against the Zags. Meanwhile, the ACC just had an awful 24 hours.  They went 0-4 with losses by 12 pts, 20 pts, 25 pts, and 26 pts. Yikes.

Like I said, I still don't think there is a title contender from a Big 10 school. And they may not get a team in the Final 4.  But there was a lot of talk this year from the media (local and national) and plenty of commenters on this site who did not think the Big 10 would get a team into the 2nd weekend.  Well, they already have two teams with a couple more having a shot tomorrow.  Maybe the Big 10 wasn't so bad after all.

[Mod Edit-title]

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments