Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Next season question marks

0 HS
Osufan19's picture
March 10, 2017 at 4:16pm
31 Comments

There is going to be a lot of question marks going into next season after a big disappointment year. Mostly everyone will be back. Here is some question marks.

1. Shoot the ball- I know not many of people on here care for Loving but the fact is his biggest asset to the team was his ability to shoot. Therefore we are going to need someone else to step up and put the ball in the basket. Hopefully Kam, CJ, KBD, and Lyle step it up cause we will be needing them to make baskets to be successful.

Will any (redshirt) freshman contribute- Is Kaleb Wesson, Beverly, and Funderburk going to contribute? I personally think Beverly can get around 5-10 minutes a game, With both pgs back, Lyle may move to the 2 and cj start the point with kam being the 6th man Beverly could be in like for solid minutes this year. Funderburk don't no much about him, assume he'll play the 4, will he be able to rebound at a high level, and block shots , or even put the ball in the basket? And Wesson I personally think he'll redshirt if Thompson returns. But if not he should contribute.

3. Will Potter and Andre Wesson develop and text the next step?-I feel like this is one of the most important questions. Will Potter improve his 3 point shooting and expand his game to somewhat decent in the paint?Wesson showed promise but was mostly a non factor. He showed solid shooting ability this year, but will it have be more consistently, Wesson has the potential to be very solid off our bench , like a 3 and D type player. If Potter and Wesson both take steps next season they could really lengthen our bench scoring.

4. Will Lyle, Bates-diop, and Tate all step up there game and lead this team and not expect average?- This is the most important question mark These 3 are the most experienced and prolly best 3 players we have on the roster(Thompson if he stays also). These guys will need to be the guys to get the buckets-when times are tough(Thompson if he stays also).

I am very optimistic about next season. These questions HAVE to be answered if this team wants to make some noise next march. I would like to hear your guys thoughts or questions marks on next seasons team!!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments