Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

What's The Answer? A Buckeye Hoops Question

+3 HS
Spaceman77's picture
January 29, 2017 at 5:21pm
49 Comments

Dan Dakich made a comment about this team being disjointed or dysfunctional during the ESPN2 telecast of the Iowa game.  Truer words have never been spoken. Somehow he was able to pick up on this as an outsider looking in. 

Is this team beyond repair or permanently dysfunctional at this point? 

In my opinion this could have been corrected weeks ago by the coaching staff, maybe even months ago.  Remember we are just finding there was no leadership on the team just last week.  How telling is that bit of information.   I believe if you allow bad conduct and lack of effort to continue this is your outcome, (See IOWA GAME).   A complete and utter embarrassment.

You get a bad showing when the lights are on.  How long have we watched players pout, display poor body language, and offer destructive outburst to teammates during games?  This type of BS has been going on since the beginning of last season and it was never checked.  

So what do you expect at this point?  Someone on the coaching staff should have had a one on one meeting with the offending OSU players and straighten them out two or in some cases three years ago.  The outcome would have been the player transfers or the player heeds the words and takes it to heart.  I guess the Fantastic Four that transferred got checked and here OSU sits with Dr. Doom ripping his teammates. 

The poor free throw shooting should been addressed during the offseason and corrected by the offending parties as effort to help the team.  Many will say it's a mental exercise.  That may be true we have all seen games were OSU shoots a higher percentage from the free throw line. Nevertheless this is one of many issues that need to be addressed.

I hear this is what happened to Evan Turner.   He got checked by coach Matta early in his career and the rest is history. 

GO BUCKS.

[Mod Edit-Title]

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments