Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Why it's time to move on from Thad Matta

+1 HS
macdaddybuckeyesupreme's picture
December 7, 2016 at 2:07pm
4 Comments

It's no hidden secret I am not a fan of Thad's, beginning last year when the team lost games it shouldnt lose and I kept hearing how its just a young team and growing pains are expected. I say this is wrong, it does not matter how young a team is at a school like Ohio State, we should not be losing to Louisiana Tech, Texas San-Antonio, or Robert Morris. When Thad first came to this school, I was genuinely excited, taking Xavier and Butler to over 20 wins a year and to the NCAA tournament, and he brought in Greg Oden, Mike Connelly, and Daquene Cook, aka the Thad five. That team was a young team and they almost reached the pinnacle, losing to Florida in the championship game. Over the years, the teams have gone from exciting, to iso ball where only 1 player is a true scoring threat, its like iso ball in the NBA, but in the NBA they actually do it better. Now you look at a program like Kentucky, who has constant roster turnover and pumping out NBA prospects year after year, they are always considered a "young team". I dont care if they are considered a "blue blood" they were not good before Calipari got there. Ohio State has more resources available than almost any other school, we should not settle for mediocrity, the recruiting classes are not up to par to actually compete. I want better, I dont want a mediocre basketball team, I want a consistent top 10 or top 20 basketball team, and this is no longer the case with Thad. Its time to back up the brinks truck and pay John Calipari, Shaka Smart, or any other big name coach. We have the resources, we should stop living in the past and look to the future.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 4 Comments