Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Free Throws...Hoops Observation

+3 HS
ZeroDimension's picture
November 15, 2016 at 2:30pm
43 Comments

This has become a serious sore spot for me...  it is so fundamental to the game of basketball, I become irrationally angry about how consistently bad we are.

Free throws are a great way to cure a cold shooting night, especially on the road.  But with Matta's team, I kind of cringe when we get fouled.   That is such a handicap...

In addition, if you don't have the talent that other teams have, you can make up some of that GAP with free throws..  making an extra 5 free throws per game would be huge.. 

If this team was full of young diaper dandies I could forgive some of the young guys shooting poorly...  And I hate to throw Tate under the bus, but what does he work on in the off season.. He is a leader for this team... him hitting 80 percent from the line should be expected, especially with his hustle plays and ability to draw contact on put backs...  He actually went 5-9 last night and I was happy, but only relative to how bad he normally is and the rest of the team is...

Maybe some more rational posters can talk me off the wall, but I feel like Samuel L. Jackson in the movie Snakes on a Plane, where the Snakes are missed Free Throws...  I am tired of these *****

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments