Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Great Expectations, Realistic Expectations, and other trivial content

+6 HS
Blackcoffee's picture
November 5, 2016 at 8:13am
18 Comments

To be quite honset, with the advent of Ohio State's Mens Basketball season on the horizon, it will be a break to be able to talk about the expectations of a basketball team that has been mired in mediocrity(in the opinion of many here) for at least a couple three years now. Even though DRuss seems to have found his sophomore season groove, we have no talk about depletiion of last years roster to the NBA, only the mass exodous of a bad recruiting class to parts unknown. Chris Jent has returned to hopefully put some fire in the belly of this team, 3 of the 4 new freshman additions hale from Ohio, and one is even been said to be 6'10", and be able to step out and hit a three.

When I emigrated to Israel 9 years back, the honest to goodness only decent piece of advice I got, from an Israeli friend then living in Tel Aviv, was NOT TO EXPECT ANYTHING. In other words, don't expect bad shit to happen, don't expect good shit to happen. Don't expect a job, or to anyone to offer you a job, but don't be surprised if you become the next startup success.Drop your expectations. Sage advice. With the way this football season is going for many fans, what with expectations of a championship, or expectations of 3 losses, or expectations of a deep ball threat, or of Reakwon getting 20 tackles a game, or...on and on and on

maybe whats needed now is the Basketball Bucks Men's team, I mean, seriously, even if you knew what to expect this year, probably wouldn't bet the family's farm on it, with that said Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments