Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

What do the Basketball Bucks have to do in the offseason to get better?

+7 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
March 20, 2016 at 8:16pm
75 Comments

I was wondering what practical steps the Buckeyes can take in the offseason to develop and improve their game. I'm sure they will do weight work to get stronger but what can they do as individuals and as a team to make sure they progress in the offseason? Can the coaches have any practices or interaction with the players in the offseason? Or do the players have to take the initiative themselves to have individual workouts and get together with each other without the coaches prompting?

Do the coaches give the players an individual plan to work on in the offseason? Obviously they can work on their shooting (including foul shooting) on their own, but what else can they do to work on their games? I never took sports seriously in the offseason so I don't have the slightest idea on what they need to do to make sure they don't come back the same players they were this season. 

Is there anyone who knows what it takes to improve as individuals and in team chemistry so that they don't waste their offseason? Do they need to study film on their own?

There are so many areas that need to improve that I don't have the slightest idea how they would even get started in this monumental task. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments