Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

A rational OSU Basketball discussion: Free Throws and Turnovers

0 HS
TheShookster's picture
November 30, 2015 at 10:42am
30 Comments

Guys, I know that we are all either A) FIRE THAD B) It's a young team, they will get better or C) Expectations are too high, we aren't Duke or Kentucky.

While this type of non-delusionalism is refreshing, I think that there is quite frankly, a simple solution to what ails this year's basketball Buckeyes.

I've got a friend who pays for the Kenpom full access (I'm not going to give any information away that you would have to pay for, these stats could be found elsewhere too). Ohio State ranks nationally in the following categories:

Free Throws: 337th, Turnovers: 327th, FG% 44th

Hmmm. If we can stop turning the ball over and make free throws, we probably win 2 of the 3 straight games we have lost. Turnovers are definitely something to expect from a young team, but the free throw percentage is highly alarming considering this team is actually good at shooting. I think the turnover problem will remedy itself with experience, but I cannot explain the free throw thing.

Conclusion: We will be fine, just please spend a few extra minutes practicing 'dem throws.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments