Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Predict Starting 5

0 HS
Triv's picture
July 8, 2015 at 1:41pm
70 Comments

To take away from the endless speculation on who will start at QB, what position Braxton winds up playing this year, and any other topic that makes the wait to football season seem endless, I figured we could try and have some fun predicting the basketball starting lineup. Returning only Tate from the starting lineup, there's 4 spots up for grabs. Here's who I think trots out on opening night

1. Jaquan Lyle

2. Mickey Mitchell

3. KBD

4. Tate

5. Daniel Giddens

I went back and forth on KBD/Loving, as well as Giddens/Trevor Thompson. I think you'll see Lyle start at the 1 but AJ Harris and Kam Williams see time there as well and possibly even Mickey Mitchell taking ball handling duties from time to time. Considered Loving and KBD starting, but not enough ball handling on the court as none of Loving/KBD/Tate are exactly strong with the ball. Lots of questions about who will play where and how much this season, should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Edit: Somehow COMPLETELY forgot about incoming sharpshooter Austin Grandstaff. Could see him pushing to start at the two since he's more of a weapon outside than Mickey. Knowing Matta, whichever of these freshman comes in and plays the best defense will start, which is why I have Giddens at the 5

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 70 Comments