Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

I just saw Lawrence Funderburke at Trader Joes today

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
March 23, 2015 at 4:11pm
33 Comments

I was checking out of Trader Joe's earlier, sporting my national championship hat, and the checkout guy asked if I was a Buckeye fan. He said, "See that tall guy over there, that's Lawrence Funderburke."

He was about three lines down from me. As I was leaving the store, I didn't realize how tall he was. He was giant and looked like he could still play to this day. When I got to my car, his car was parked right next to mine. Don't worry, I didn't scratch his door with mine.  He was busy unloading groceries, so I didn't bug him.

The checkout guy and I were reminiscing about the past Buckeye teams with Jim Jackson, Treg Lee, and others.

Funderburke was one of my favorite players growing up, both him and Jim Jackson.

He was such a class act, and did so much for the community while a Buckeye and in the NBA. Has anyone run into any Buckeye greats recently?  It's pretty cool when it happens.

Anyways, here is a clip from him overseas, and God Bless Lawrence for all he did for Buckeye Nation both on and off the court.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments