Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Getting Stronger Down The Stretch

0 HS
Icouldnotgofor3's picture
March 3, 2015 at 9:29pm
8 Comments

I'm been paying pretty close attention to Coach McGuff and the Lady Bucks most of the season now and it seems they are starting to peak at the right time, winning 4 out of their last 5 games. The two recent wins were BOTH on the road at Penn State and they just beat a good Nebraska team in Lincoln on Sunday 78-60. They are currently in 3rd place with a 13-5 BIG 10 record, 21-9 overall, and just one game behind 2nd place Iowa, who is currently ranked 14th nationally and sits at 14-4 in the BIG 10. If the BIG 10 tournament rules are similar to the men's, they should get a bye or two if they finish in the Top 4 in the league.

Maryland is currently 1st in the league with a conference mark of 18-0, and 27-2 overall. The Lady Terps are ranked #4 nationally. The Buckeyes played the Terrapins earlier in the season at Maryland and lost a close one down the stretch 87-78. Even though they lost that game, which I also was able to watch, the Lady Bucks were right there until the final seconds. After that game, I thought to myself that these girls, with more experience will be a tough out come March. Kelsey Mitchell, IMHO, could end up winning the National Freshman of the Year award. She's had a stellar season and in ending, I just wanted to give an 11W shout out to Coach McGuff and recognize all the hard work the ladies have gone through. WHEN they make the NCAA field, they have the ability to surprise and could make a deep run into the tournament. Go Bucks. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments