Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

How many more seasons before a new basketball coach?

0 HS
oprettyricky's picture
February 7, 2015 at 6:15pm
130 Comments

I have been talking a lot with people lately about Ohio State basketball and a lot of them have shared a belief with me that it may soon be time for the coaching to head in a new direction. While Thad has a great regular season track record and seems to always have great guards develop under his system, the ability to develop big guys just is not there. He has done a good job overall making the tournament and even making the sweet sixteen five times, but he has not delivered on taking Ohio State the distance (2 final fours since his hiring in 2004 and that horrible loss to Florida in 2007). That seems to be a constant theme people bring up about this: that Thad has done what he could, but perhaps has reached his limit. Another issue that I see him having is keeping the borders up in Ohio in terms of recruiting. He was unable to secure commitments from any of the top 3 players in Ohio for this senior class, losing Bragg to Kansas, Kennard to Duke, and Ahmad to WVU (maybe he needs tips from Urban, because Urban has the Ohio borders on lockdown).  I was just curious to hear opinions of others on this. If Ohio State was to get a new basketball coach, who would you all like to see come in?

Personally, I would like to see a young coach come in similar to Shaka Smart, even though I don't see him leaving VCU anytime soon. Obviously, no name is too big for Ohio State to bring in.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 130 Comments