Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Greg Oden mug shot causing t-shirt frenzy

Gobucks2204's picture
August 8, 2014 at 11:24pm
30 Comments
Brutus1972's picture

Still not going to be enough to pay for his lawyer and the settlement. oh, I want one but hes still going to the financial hurt locker over this.

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Not good when a former Buckeye makes TMZ. Isn't that a gossip rag?

Seattle Linga's picture

Don't know how true this is but I heard TMZ is run by former lawyers - hence the reason I am not on their staff

+1 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

TMZ Sports spoke to Brandon Fuss-Cheatham, one of the co-founders of Lamp Apparel, who says since Oden's mug was released ... their website's getting crushed by people trying to get their hands on the shirt.

Some of us older guys remember Fuss-Cheatham as an Ohio State point guard, too.

NashBuckeye's picture

Not one of our best Point Guards from what I remember.   Only good thing is that, if someone is profiting from this unfortunate situation, it's a Buckeye that knows Greg.  

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Thanks Jason, I saw that. Maybe we can make lemonade out of lemons and help out a former Buckeye's company.  Capitalism and entrepreneurialism at its finest. I remember Fuss-Cheatham.  Those were some lean years.

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

here's a blast from the past...Brandon Fuss-Cheatham. He was on the team when I first began following the ball team

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
BuckeyeVet's picture

My memory is of Herb Williams being on the 1st OSU BB team I followed.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."          - Groucho Marx

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

My first memories I think were of Jerry Francis and Tony White.

+2 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

We're probably around the same age because Jerry Francis – maybe Brad Sellers, Dennis Hopson, are my earliest basketball memories. You're 23, too, right?

Knarcisi's picture

Troy Taylor and Ron Stokes 

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

I forgot Stokes and Taylor. Grady Mateen? Granville Waiters?

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Waiters was on that team.  Larry Huggins. 

Grady Mateen was later. 

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

By the way. I have a buddy that's a real jackass. Sill lives in Columbus and has a boy ( my Godson) that plays ball. He was at a camp a few years ago, and Funderburke was one of the featured coaches. He goes up to Funderburke and says out of the blue "so what was it like playing with Grady Mateen". Said Funderburke gave his some weird look and brushed it off ...

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

I liked Funderburke. He took a lot of heat undeservedly. I remember Dick Vitale dropping the F bomb on a hot mic, during a break. He ended up being very involved in community service and was a model citizen for the Sacramento Kings.

GreatLakesMike's picture

I remember that as well. I believe Vitale said Funderburke was "nothing but a F-ing punk." 

Gobucks2204's picture

Yes, he thought Funderburke threw some elbow maliciously. I never really liked Vitale the same after that incident.

Knarcisi's picture

Tony Campbell was tough. 

+1 HS
bigtenspeed's picture

Jay Burson. "Hello."

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Burson was one of my all time favorite players. I often wonder how he would have done in the NBA, if he never had the neck injury.

NashBuckeye's picture

First team I remember was Kelvin Ransey, Carter Scott, Herb Williams, Jim Smith, Clark Kellogg.  Great team but never won the Big 10 or even sniffed the Final Four.

+4 HS
zenshade's picture

Same here. Attended a couple of games in St. John Arena with that team, one where Carter Scott broke his ankle (looked twisted horribly when they carried him off the floor), and another against Indiana when Mike Woodson went off for 30 something while the Hoosiers led most of the game by 10 or so points, only to have the Buckeyes pull out the comeback victory down the stretch.

Gobucks2204's picture

Lol. Maybe mentally. I'm 39 and should be cracking the 40 barrier next year. Do you remember a guy named Don Jantonio? My dad and I were Buckeyes fans even during that time. It was the worst team ever.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Don was in some of my engineering classes. 

Those were some dark years for Buckeye basketball, just after JJ left. 

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

what a scam.  He hit that girl to sell t shirts. 

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

The t-shirt is $28.00.

The biggest crime here....

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

They do say the t-shirt is exceptionally soft, and it reportedly gets softer after every wash. Maybe we are paying for all that extra softness.

+1 HS
Young_Turk's picture

Now we need a shirt that has a silhouette of Greg with that expression, wearing the double-bird shirt.  Or better yet, a silhouette of Fuss-Cheatam making the shirt of Oden getting busted in the shirt with the O- double-bird-I-O.  So very meta.  

The mission was considered to be near suicide. Of the ten men sent, four returned. Of those four, three wrote books about what happened. Of those three, two were published. Of those two, just one got a movie deal. This is the story of the men who attempted to make that movie.

whiskeyjuice's picture

I'm looking for August 30th. Could someone let me know if they find it?

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+2 HS