Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

VJ King transferring to Virginia

BuckminsterFullback's picture
July 18, 2014 at 8:43am
7 Comments

The Columbus Dispatch reports today that Akron St. Vincent - St. Mary junior forward VJ King, who has offers from Ohio State and just about every where, plans to transfer to Paul VI Catholic High School in Fairfax, VA.

Not sure how that impacts OSU's recruitment effort...

Braxton2Devin's picture

Well at least we won't technically lose an out-of-state player if he goes to Duke or elsewhere

+6 HS
703Buckeye's picture

PVI has the best boys basketball program of all the DMV Catholic schools; VJ will be going to a very good team.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

BierStube's picture

As long as VJ read Ramzys article from a few days ago, we will be just fine!

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Nice .........that post has some interesting items in it!!!  

What was your gif with the car from?

+2 HS
BierStube's picture

Honestly Seattle .. I stumbled on the gif by accident ... LSU freek is the man (or woman) when it comes to making these gems.  I believe the origination of the gif came from a news report where the bystanders lifted the car up and dragged the motorcyclist to safety.

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Thanks for the follow up - that sure looked scary and it looked to be in reverse 

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I still think OSU will have a decent shot. Personally I always thought they could win out in the end with him being in state at the time. People forget though, VJ isn't from Ohio, so it's not like he grew up idolizing the Buckeyes. I thought the lure of LeBron supporting OSU, his favorite player also, would help. Who knows, hopefully he does choose the good guys.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes