Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Aaron Craft 5 steals in 17 minutes

Gobucks2204's picture
July 12, 2014 at 6:40pm
30 Comments

Just watched Aaron Craft in his first game for Golden State's opening summer league game. In just 17 minutes of time he had 4 assists and 5 steals. Really hoping that he gets to join an NBA team this year. He plays again at 8pm tonight. Way to go Aaron! We are proud of you and your effort.

Killer nuts's picture

That's awesome, I'd love if he gets on a roster. Imagine the energy Craft could provide if he knew he'd only play 5-10 minutes

+3 HS
305Buck's picture

I would love for Oklahoma City to pick him up. They need a backup true PG and with so much fire power on the team, Craft wouldn't be needed on the offensive end as much.

+4 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

This is a very good point. I like your thinking. It would also help to add some extra effort on the defensive side of the ball. Take some weight of Ibaka's shoulders.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+3 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Steve Kerr had really good things to say about Aaron. Imagine if he played the whole game, what his steals stat would be!

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Maybe the Cavs could pick him up to give Kyrie a spell. I would be in heaven.

HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

Dellavedova is an extremely similar player.

+1 HS
Bolt's picture

I liked in the summer league game I was watching Friday night, the announcers were talking about how they asked Bradley Beal who the toughest defender he's faced is and he said Matthew Dellavedova.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I'm surprised that he isn't already on a team somewhere. Is it because he prefers assists over being a ball hog?

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+2 HS
logamaniac's picture

its because he can't drive or shoot.  his defense is amazing though.

BHT's picture

Where can we watch these games? Also, than you for posting and giving us an update. I do not follow the summer league. I also think that if Craft gets his offense working, he could very well be on a good team with reasonable playing time. He is as good or better than some of the backup PG's out there.

Squirrel Master's picture

NBA.com has all of them showing now. Raptors just played Denver. Its free with Time Warner.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Direct TV has it. I am not sure where else it can be watched. Maybe online somewhere?

Gobucks2204's picture

Getting ready to start now. Maybe I can give an update.

Woodshed's picture

NBA TV shows them all. Available with all services depending on your channel package. You can also pay to watch them on NBA.com.

If you have the "watch ESPN" app, you should be able to watch them on a mobile device depending on your TV provider.

Deadly Nuts's picture

Craft has four points and one rebound in ten minutes. It's only halftime, though.

LEBRON

Gobucks2204's picture

He had a good pass on the break in the first half. And forced a five second call.  Bricked a three pointer but hustled to get the loose ball.  Tried to make a couple steals which he gambled for and didn't get.  Hope he has a good second half.

sbentz4's picture

He seems to be distributing quite well tonight. Nice play at the end of the quarter.

edr4225's picture

Craft has a shot with the warriors, Steve Kerr is really liking him.  He almost got a tech arguing a call against craft.

lets go bucks!!

+2 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

Basically credited Craft with the comeback win. Craft did not look any different against these guys than he does college. He isn't good at offense but he could come in and shut down most NBA guys. I absolutely believe that. But NBA wants people who can score. I don't get it. Would so take Craft as 3rd PG for his one skill. Crunch time he will come through.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
edr4225's picture

Craft played well tonight and is getting Steve kerr's attention. During the post game interview, Kerr says that Craft was part of the reason the warriors got back in the game.  Craft's stock is on the rise.

lets go bucks!!

+1 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

Kevin Ollie, Tyrone Bogus, Spud Webb among others....... Plenty of NBA point guards that have made careers without Top flight point production potential.

Gobucks2204's picture

Craft was poised down the stretch. Kerr had him in at crunch time. He had a key rebound under a minute to play to set up the winning possession.  Finished with 8 points overall.  Kerr was rubbing his head and giving him high fives, during the game. NBA make it happen! Craft won't let you down.

Deadly Nuts's picture

It looks really weird seeing Kerr as a coach.

LEBRON

buckeyejma's picture

You da man Arron! just think if every player put that kind of effort into their playing time.

Step aside Nick, Urban is the real rock star!

Seattle Linga's picture

He keeps making us proud - game in and game out

+1 HS
topgun67's picture

Aaron is a good kid and wish him best.  but very difficult to make any NBA team... hope he goes somewhere in the world to chase his dream and take care of himself.

Watched DeShaun Thomas today.  scored 21 points to lead the team. like last year, he's doing well on offense. like last year, his defense isn't noticeably any better (not according to me, but the media watching the game).

i hope Thomas gets out of spurs rights as they have too much depth for Thomas to get a chance.  i think he could go somewhere in NBA to contribute this year