Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Ohio State Recruits At Lebron James Skills Academy

305Buck's picture
July 12, 2014 at 12:01am
9 Comments

Mickey Mitchell measured in at 6'7.5, 210 with a 6'5 wingspan. John Lucas had this to say about him: "Mitchell is a physical wing type who affects the game in multiple ways. The Ohio State bound lefty can knock down jump shots with his smooth lefty stroke, but it's his passing that really caught our eye. Whether it was hitting a cutter or advancing the ball in transition, his vision was impressive." Also noted that he loved Mitchell's motor.

Austin Grandstaff measured in at 6'5 181 with a 6'4 wingspan. John Lucas had this to say about him: "Grandstaff has the heater on. He's HOT!!!!" I also found this on a twitter page from a scouting service called "MidMajorhoopsreport", "Knock down shooter. Don't leave open!!!"

Daniel Giddens measured in at 6'10, 223 with a 7'2.5 wingspan. Frank Burlison had this to say about Giddens: "Giddens and Moustapha Diagne had a pretty nifty 1 on 1 battle going on in the low post. Both refused to shy away from contact, and in fact cherished it." John Lucas also noted that he loved Giddens talent and work ethic.

AJ Harris measured in at 5'9 156 with a 6'0.5 wingspan. Found this on the same "MidMajorhoopsreport" twitter page on Harris. "He plays bigger than he is, shoots the 3 ball and mid range well, and finishes at the rim."

buckeyebfd's picture

Really looking forward to Giddens, who was our last shot blocker? Oden?

+3 HS
MacG91's picture

Lauderdale and Ravenel weren't as talented but both could block like nobody's business. 

Mac..yeah

+4 HS
rosenbuck's picture

This class is going to be something special.  There isn't a ton of overlap positionally or skill-wise, these guys all seem to complement each other beautifully.  I don't even want to think about how fun it'll be to watch them playing alongside D'Angelo, Keita, Jasean, and Trevor Thompson because it's over a year away, and I don't think we should overlook this year's team.  I think Thad's bunch is going to surprise some people.  Let's just get Bragg or Ahmad and call it a class!

+4 HS
305Buck's picture

Another thing that cant be overlooked is the fact that all of our recruits are doing well at a high profile camp with tons of top 2015 and 2016 recruits there. Ben Simmons (#1 recruit in the class of 2015, current LSU commit) is there and Russell has been recruiting him hard for Ohio State. VJ King (top 10 recruit for class of 2016) is also there among other top players from both classes.

Also read recently that Bragg is "intrigued" with Ohio State's 2015 class because it has 4 top 100 players in it. The impact of Lebron coming back to Ohio will also play a role with some of these kids in my opinion. With Lebron, Manziel and Wiggins in Cleveland, Ohio is the place to be right now and with Basketball players that's a huge deal.

+4 HS
toad1204's picture

LSU has a bball team?

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I heard Shaq is giving them their BBall team back at the beginning of this up coming season. I was also confused.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Yeah lol I was surprised at first when I first saw that Simmons committed there, but I found out Simmons godfather is on LSUs coaching staff, and his godfather played basketball with his dad in Australia.

+2 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture

do they vote on disciplinary issues?

+1 HS
TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

Our guards/swingmen: Aggressive, intimidating, and go for the kill...and short arms

+2 HS