Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

D'Angelo Russell

OSU069's picture
June 16, 2014 at 7:00pm
18 Comments

Saw on twitter that Russell did not enroll with the rest of the freshman due to a possible eligibility issue? If true, not good at all.

Groveport Heisman's picture

This would be a serious blow.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Let's hope it's twitter being twitter and that it's just a false rumor

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

It was reported by Bob Baptist. I don't really know much about him so I don't know if he is reliable or not. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Maybe the 11W can shed some light - much more trustworthy.

+2 HS
Nutty's picture

Baptist is very reliable IMO. A Dispatch BB reporter who has been very credible for years. This would suck.

+4 HS

Maybe spell the kids name right in the thread title.  I know its just a ' but D'Angelo looks a lot different when it is your name getting spelled.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-3 HS

Thank you Sir and I mean this with much respect but I seriously hope what you reported is 100% bullshit. Hopefully Bob or whoever is mistaken.Hopefully.

-2 HS
OSU069's picture

Don't worry, I hope it is bullshit as well. Would be a huge blow to our team next year.

-1 HS
ab1993's picture

He needs a test score to get back to the NCAA eligibility center. Yes bob baptist is very reliable 

Class of '16

+4 HS
bethesdabuck's picture

Any concern that you know of?

BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

"An issue with his transcript" is what I saw on Twitter.

BuckminsterFullback's picture

"An issue with his manuscript

Transcript?

+1 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Probably should stop multitasking when using Eleven Warriors. Haha

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Luke Zimmerman is referencing the same report by Baptist. Seems like a resolvable issue but then again the NCAA can be real assholes. 

Bucks1's picture

Reading this made me feel better > "We are hoping to have him here soon,” coach Thad Matta said in a text message in confirming Russell’s absence.

"I will pound you and pound you until you quit." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

This might seem like an overreaction but when I first saw this on twitter I immediately felt like punching my computer screen. 

+1 HS