Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Will Basketball Bucks have any interest in Antoine Mason?

Barnsey69's picture
May 22, 2014 at 12:55pm
12 Comments
Squirrel Master's picture

there was a mention about him recently. its possible.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture

pretty sure our roster is full with amount of available scholarship players.  if it were next year i'd say yeah we could land him.

luckynutz's picture

Does he play defense and miss lay ups? Because if not...this isnt the place for him. All jokes aside, I think Shannon Scott should flourish this coming year being out of the big shadow of the rosy cheeks of the man of steal.

+3 HS
OSU069's picture

He averaged 25.6 PPG last year on 44% shooting so I'm pretty sure he doesn't miss many layups. However, I have no idea if he is a good defender or not.

sb97's picture

I also think Scott is going to be much improved next season.

Barnsey69's picture

Have to agree with you. I loved Craft and how he represented OSU, but he couldn't score consistently enough to compliment his defensive presence, and floor minutes therein. Scott is a good defender in his own right, and hopefully will be greenlighted for the rim this year.

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+2 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I don't think there would be a lot of interest from Thad. I can't remember him ever coaching a volume scorer (maybe Tank). Mason averaged 18.5 shots per game last season. 

-1 HS
livinthedream's picture

Trevor Thompson (6-11), Anthony Lee (6-9), Keita Bates-Diop (6-7), D'Angelo Russell (6-5), Jae'Sean Tate (6-4), David Bell (6-9), that's six incoming, all with good size but two likely to redshirt.  Leaves Williams, Slamin' Sammy, Scott & Loving as the core of a team that had trouble scoring.  Seems like a big time scorer, someone who could draw attention to the perimeter and open the middle is just what Thad needs.  To me it's a no brainer.  Counting the current returners and the four not redshirting make twelve.  I believe there's still room for another.  Get him before Bill Self does.

+4 HS
Barnsey69's picture

That's what I'm talking about right there...I think they should get him if he's interested. However, if there had been any contact it would probably already been picked up and reported here on 11W. 

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+1 HS
skid21's picture

“Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Seton Hall, St. John’s, Providence, Auburn, Wake Forest, Maryland, Missouri, Texas A&M, and a few more have all reached out so far,” Mason told 247Sports late last week.

Doesn't look like Thad is making an effort, or much of one if he is, to get him on campus.

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

too bad. I think he could help us. 

B1G_Deal's picture

i posted this too

he put him really phenom numbers , but that was in a shit like where they dont play Dfense, think it was called MAAC or MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC

still , even with that cpmetition , those #s are impressive enough to translate in to a decent career at a major confrence schoo,l , 1 would  assum e

+3 HS