Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Evan Turner and the Pacers

rdubs's picture
May 5, 2014 at 9:35pm
27 Comments

Admittedly I watch virtually no NBA basketball, but I decided to turn on the Pacers game to figure out what the heck is wrong with them since they were so good for a while.  They don't seem to be playing too hard, but also their offense is virtually non-existent in the half court.  It seems like they are just wasting Turner right now.  He was the only offense in Philly for a while, why not at least use him more while they are struggling?  Anyone watch any more than me to weigh in on this?

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Agreed. If they play Turner --- I root for Indiana. If they don't play him --- I hope they fail miserably.

Ditto Oden & the Heat.

Which is why I rooted for Memphis. Conley is a stud.

Having said all that...there is nothing more boring than NBA Basketball. It sucks.

-3 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

Having said all that...there is nothing more boring than NBA Basketball. It sucks.

I have no clue what playoffs you've been watching. The NBA has been awesome.

+3 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture

I saw the fourth quarter of the raptors Nets game and Kyle Lowry got raped with no call.  The fix is in and the NBA sucks

-3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Is this serious?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

-1 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture

Yep.  No way that call was getting made because the nba wanted the heat and nets to matchup so of course the refs swallowed their whistles.....NBA sucks

-5 HS

He wasn't fouled on that play. :/

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

OSU069's picture

The NBA playoffs have been awesome. No idea what you are talking about.

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

I think Turner joined the team too late in the season plus the team is full of perimeter players. Indiana is in a weird place mentally. I think he is probably a 6th or 7th man on this team.

Knarcisi's picture

I've heard he is a selfish player and has a problem getting along with other players. 

+2 HS
MacG91's picture

I can see that, his game relies on him Isoing his man. 

Mac..yeah

+1 HS
InTressITrust's picture

That is one thing The Shark talks about a lot in his book.  As I learn more and more about it I believe it is more and more believable. 

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+1 HS

That Stephenson is a typical U of Cincy thug, though. Stephenson shoots waaay too much...his ass needs wooded.

-2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

The Granger trade screwed up the chemistry or something.  Hibbert turned into a D-league player too...absolutely worthless lately.

+1 HS
Buckeye in Illini country's picture

They were already going down hill before that trade.  I think I read or heard that they were only .500 in the two weeks prior to it.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

Seattle Linga's picture

Kinda hard to believe that they were soooooooooo good for 80% of the year and the last 20% they have been scraping by without a whole lot of emotion.

+1 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

What if I told you a stripper detonated a #1 seed?

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

buckatron32's picture

What do I need to do to get this 30for30 made?

Besides George, Hibbert fell apart and Stephenson's head got too big. Pretty shocking with how steady of veterans Hill and West are. 

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Lol.  That story is crazy.

What's worse though, his daughter is going to learn someday that her father offered her mother $1m to abort her.

d5k's picture

Turner scored a lot of points very inefficiently for the Sixers.  He isn't more than a niche role player for the Pacers at the moment.  If they like him in certain matchups he will play otherwise he won't.

+4 HS
rdubs's picture

I guess I see your point, but they don't have anything going offensively, so I feel like they have nothing to lose in playing him more and maybe letting him get in rhythm...

buckatron32's picture

Not trying to bash the guy because I loved him when he was a Buckeye, but Turner wasn't playing that great in Philly. His stats were inflated because he had a high usage rate playing for a terrible team that played at a fast pace and had more possessions per game than any other team. His advance metric stats were horrific, and Philly hated him, even celebrating when he got traded. I hope he can turn it around, but the narrative of his play early this season on this site is pretty off. 

And the pacers are done IMO. Hopefully whoever comes out of the west can beat the Heat, because they look like they will definitely be in the finals for an unprecedented 4th straight year. 

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

It's not unprecedented. Celtics went 10 straight seasons.

Sorry to correct, but hate the Heat, so anything to discount them :)

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

Hibbert needs to man up.

7' 2", 290 lbs.

Monday night vs. the Wizards: 18 minutes, 0 points, 0 rebounds.

Wuuuut.

+1 HS

And people had the nerve to say he was better than Dwight. XD

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

So what you are saying, is that Amir is NBA ready?  I guess he needs to grow a few more inches first, though.

It's like someone stole the Pacer's skills and gave them to the Wizards.

Is MJ too old for Space Jam 2?

+1 HS
danbrown7665's picture

apparently Paul George got caught banging Hibbert's wife or finacee

"limitations, like fears are often just illusions"
-Michael Jordan, the greatest athlete of all time

-1 HS