Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Early '14-'15 Basketball Top 25 (one we'll like)

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture
April 8, 2014 at 1:01pm
6 Comments

I noticed ESPN had their early Top 25 for next season, and the Buckeyes weren't even in it...I think Bleacher Report has OSU at #25.

I am optimistic about next season, and I kind of like that OSU will be a under the radar a bit. I think they'll gel throughout the season and be a top 10 team come March.

This guy gets it:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/04/08/2014-2015-college-basketball-top-25/

Squirrel Master's picture

yeah, any expert that doesn't think Scott and Russell is a top 25 backcourt is not an expert IMO. I think outside of Craft there wasn't much of a lose and this team will actually be deeper than it has in 2 years. Scott, Russell, Thompson, Loving and Lee would be small but an effective starting lineup with size and shooting (finally) coming off the bench. Amir would be a decent backup center for a few minutes. I think KBD, Bell and Kam are unknowns that will solidify this team.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
Statutoryglory's picture

Exactly.  Amir is actually a great backup C.  He's much better off with no one counting on him to do much more than be there.  Everything he does then is a bonus especially since he's turned into an ok FT shooter.  I just really really really hope that this team runs next year.  They certainly have the depth and athleticism and length to do this.

+2 HS
OSU2002Grad's picture

If Matta could (by some miracle) get Myles Turner, that is a legit national title contender. I'm really excited to see what Shannon Scott does full time at the point.

+4 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

If Scott can play like he did against ichigan in the B1G tourney we will be the real deal Holyfield.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

OldColumbusTown's picture

I've seen several "too early top 25" rankings for next year, and all have Ohio State just barely in the top 25, or right on the edge of getting in.  The thing about this next group is there is just so much unknown.  The turnover with AC, Ross, and LSJ all leaving means this will be a team that likely looks much different from this past year's team, but I assume many of the national pundits are thinking it will look much the same (based on returning a nucleus of Amir, Scott, Thompson, and Loving).

Seattle Linga's picture

Next years team will be peaking at tourney time next year at least IMHO.

+1 HS