Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Paging Thad Matta: Akolda Manyang

buckeyebowhunter's picture
March 23, 2014 at 2:15pm
11 Comments

I know we need help up front for this year, but we need to move on this kid for 2015.  7'0 220 with a motor.  Check out his video.  Even if we are fortunate enough to get Lee for next year.  McDonald, and Stone Hands graduate and Lee would be gone too.  Leaving us with Dave Bell and that is it.  We have to bring in a couple bigs in 2015, this kid seems to be a great start for that. 

http://247sports.com/Player/Akolda-Manyang-38605

buckeyebowhunter's picture

I'd also make a call to Michael Cekovsky, one of the top uncommitted 2014 prospects.  

http://247sports.com/Player/Michal-Cekovsky-37336

MacG91's picture

If we do land Lee this year, I can see Thad redshirting McDonald if he is willing to go along with it. No point in having 3 centers. 

Mac..yeah

FROMTHE18's picture

do we even have 1 center right now?

+3 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

This^ plus you can never have to many legit centers in college basketball. So even if we had 3, I'd doubt one would redshirt if he was a legit talent.

MacG91's picture

Well the thing is McDonald is not a legit talent. 

Mac..yeah

sb97's picture

I would rather see Bell play and McDonald redshirt next season to give us two guys with some experience the following season. 

sivaDavis's picture

Bell needs to redshirt unless he can put on some major lbs in the offseason. Won't be able to bang in the B1G.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

I heard Dan Dakich say during one of OSU's games this year that  Thad wanted Trey to redshirt his freshman season and Trey refused.

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I'd of let him walk. Just my opinion. It's not like McDonald is some All American. He's an undersized center. One that could have used a year to work on his mechanics. Cause the man can't dribble or shoot outside of 3 feet. Just saying, selfishness gets you nowhere

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Centers are like pitchers - you can never have too many.

southbay's picture

Any big man with some talent who signs with the Buckeyes in the near future will get playing time...but I hope it won't be another Amir situation.  One is not enough.